war walker squadron - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

war walker squadron

how does it work with firing out of war walker squads? i know with troops all units must fire at the other squad.

but war walkers all kind of server a purpose, do they get to each pick a target, or are they confined to unit coherincy and shooty laws?

i was about to order a couple but if they are confined to shooting the same thing i probably wont bother.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's have a look at the rule book. Pg 64 of the Black Reach book says that squadrons of vehichles all shoot at the same target. It's Under "Shooting Phase". Then on Pg 73 it says under the "Squadrons of Walkers" section, that Walker squads follow all the rules for vehicle squads, except for assault. So yeah, a group of three War walkers would all have to shoot at the same enemy unit.

Not that tht is neccessarily a bad thing. After all, if the War Walkers are engaging in a firefight with a large enough squad, most weapons will either kill due to number of shots or shots that ignore armour. Only exception would be the Brightlance I suppose. But arming a full squad of War Walkers with BL would be expensive as heck.
    Last edited by Alex2284; April 18th, 2009 at 10:55. Reason: Bit of a grammatical nightmare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't count them out because of having to pick the same target! The weapons don't 2win link on a walker so 3 with scatter lasers can throw out alot of damage at a good strength. I've had alot of success with that load out. Great way to maul even large squads.
    Bleed Black Label S.D.M.F's!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i saw the rules for vehicles but i wasnt sure if it applied to walkers as well, which is the main reason i asked.

thank you for clarifying.

+ Reply to Thread