How dominating is your nidzilla army? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How dominating is your Nidzilla army?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 - Very Good, everyone complains about them in normal games. Hardly ever lose with them.

13 21.67%
  • 4 - Good, rarely do I lose with them.

25 41.67%
  • 3 - Average, won some, lost some.

18 30.00%
  • 2 - Bad, everyone's elses army seem to always know my weakness and how to exploit them.

4 6.67%
  • 1 - Very Bad, I hardly ever win with them.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

How dominating is your nidzilla army?

I find that against unprepared opponents, a nidzilla list is pretty dominating. However, if your opponent tools up his list specifically against a nidzilla list, then they aren't necessarily as dominating.

At my local GW stores, in the few times I've used my list (and it's only got 5 TMC's - 2 tyrants & 3 carnies) I've dominated. However, I've had a couple of practice games against a friend in which he geared up specifically to deal with my nidzilla list. Using a lot of proxying, I've beaten Daemonhunters w/Grandmaster and Stern (2 NFW that killed outright) and a Chaos Daemon Nidzilla list (3 DP's, Fateweaver & Keeper of Secrets) in 1750 battles. I was using 2 tyrants, 5 carnies & 3 zoans. Then I lost badly to a Necron army with Nightbringer, Deceiver & 9 Heavy Destroyers (8KP vs 1KP) as those damn HD's can move 12" and fire their Heavy Gauss Guns and I didn't have enough shooting to take them out.

Anyways, just wanted to see how people's experiences are with their nidzilla lists.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Just checking, did you ignore the restricitons on the 0-1 C'tan, because you cant take both in 1 force. other than that im pleased to see a bit of a semi zilla list, i think its the way to go with nid zilla. out of interest, how do you arm the tyrants and fexs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

I run 4 fexes and 2 tyrants so it's not a full nid zilla list (need HS slot for thropes).

My good friend and most common opponent complained the other day that he hasn't beaten me in about 15 games since I started playing this list. Against the other opponent I play we are about 50/50. He usually pulls off a victory in objective based games by turbo boosting on the last turn claim/contest an objective.

Unfortunately I've had nothing but losses at the three tourney's I've taken this list to. I believe it has to do with the lack of terrain on the table.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    Just checking, did you ignore the restricitons on the 0-1 C'tan, because you cant take both in 1 force. other than that im pleased to see a bit of a semi zilla list, i think its the way to go with nid zilla. out of interest, how do you arm the tyrants and fexs?
    Actually, I did miss the part about 0-1 C'tan. Didn't matter as I wanted to take on both and it was a friendly game. I had a dakka flyrant and a walking CC-rant w/3 guards, 3 zoans, 2 elite dakka fexes, 1 elite cc-fex, 2 heavy cc-fexes (lots of upgrades), and WON gaunts. We didn't use much terrain so my flyrant got shot down turn 1 (my mistake on deployment ... shoulda put him behind carnies for cover). Each turn I would lose 1-2 TMC's and/or zoans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played in a tourney today with my nidzilla. Here is my list:

Dakka flyrant
    walking dakkarant w/ 2 guard

2 dakka fexes
    pie fex

3 scuttler stealer groups
    2 small spine gaunt broods w/ WON

2 sniper fexes
    zoan

I played against a chaos deamons army, SM army, and a cron flying circus that included 15 destroyers.

all games were objective based. I took the deamons and SM down to the man. The flying circus gave me the most trouble and I pulled off a draw against them.

All-in-all, I find the zilla army to dominate the field. In fact, I'm about to shelve it due to that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't play a pure nidzilla army, but I still have a good chunk of T6 units in it. So far since I made this new list of mine I am 8-0, with a tournament win in there as well. Also in all of those games except for one I took my opponent off the table by the end of turn 5. I could tell though that people were not enjoying playing against me, so I shelved them for a bit and broke out my dark angels army, who I can only ever win with if i use Azrael lol.

The new guard however look like they will be fantastic against nidzilla. I am actually selling my marines because I think they are just awful and swapping them for a guard army. Where my guard list is more mechanized and wont be fantastic against nids, you can come up with some infantry platoons loaded with auto cannons for a small point upgrade over mortars, that with orders count as twin linked against vehicles and large targets. Personally having looked over the options in the guard book, I would use lots of auto cannons anyway, not just to tailor, its the same points as a heavy bolter, 1 less shot, but longer range, str 7 instead of 5 and ap4. The gun line platoon armies are gonna hurt

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Had another 3 practice 1750 games over the weekend against lists specifically designed against the nidzilla (again using a lot of proxying). We played annihilation on all 3 with minimal terrain. My nidzilla lists consists of 1) 2 tyrants, 5 carnies, 3 zoans, & WON gaunts or 2) 2 tyrants, 6 carnies, & WON gaunts. I used a dakka flyrant, a walking CC-rant, elite dakkafexes, & heavy cc-fexes.

Against Tau:
    Commander Shas'O + 2 Bodyguard crisis suits - Plasma, Missile Pods, Gun drones
    Farsight + 4 Bodyguard crisis suits - Plasma, Missile Pods, Gun drones
    2x6 of Fire Warriors
    3x3 Broadsides - TL-Railguns, Smart Missiles

Lost pretty badly. He had a lot of AP2 weaponry.

Against Chaos Space Marines:
    Abaddon + 10 Terminators - Combi-plasmas, Power Fists, Mark of Tzeentch
    Typhus + 9 Terminators - Combi-plasmas, Power Fists, Mark of Tzeentch
    2x5 units of marines - meltaguns
    2x Obliterators

Lost pretty badly. Typhus & Abaddon are beasts in CC, and 2+/4++ saves on termies are pretty rough.

Against Space Marines:
    Vulkan
    Grey Knight Grandmaster (DH ally)
    10x TH/SS termies
    10x TH/SS termies
    9x TH/SS termies
    2x5 scouts - Heavy Bolters, snipers

Lost pretty badly. 2+/3++ termies w/re-rolls to hit. Need I say more.

Moral: A nidzilla list is pretty good since most armies are not prepared for it, but it isn't dominating if the opponent specializes his list against it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

My last win was on jan 31st. and only tied 2 sense. I voted “Average” knowing that playing swarm over competitive nidzilla is my fault. Fluff over win.
    &phi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zilla has gotten a major bitch slap in 5th ed, no doubt, in fact I would say nids in general have. Most marines now take meltas in their squads, and with the changes to the machine spirit (shoots at normal BS now) a single land raider and almost kill a Carni outright. This wasn't a problem before, since it would take off the pressure from genes, but with no longer being able to combat dance, its kinda rough.

The problem is 5th ed is designed to be a lot quicker - closer battles, more anti save weaponry, huge emphasis on shooting - and all of these things ara death knell for zilla. Sure a carnifex can run, but when a Ig player blasts away with cannons, or tau with rail guns, or marines with raiders, its useless.

I threw in a 2, I think they are fun to play, but with the new rules and dexs that have come out, this list lags behind the others most certainly.
    0/0/0 Dark Eldar 0/0/0 Skaven0/0/0 Chaos Dwarfs
    Starting on January 1st 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

The trick is to use the cheapest MCs you can. Don't just tag on extra equipment, it just makes it worst when they get killed off. Instead, play more troops. A 250-point MC won't really be that much harder to kill than a 120-point one, so take off anything that's not a must.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast