Winged Warriors and Wing Tyrant - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winged Warriors and Wing Tyrant

Ok I repsonded to another post about ccw tyrants. I have had it pointed out to my this afternoon while playing a freindly game that my army selection is illegal due to fielding both a wing tyrant and winged warriors at the same time. I cannot find anything that tell us this. So I put that question to you all. The other player showed me on his army builder that it says its illegal , Now Ive played this army many times and in a few rouge traders aswell. Never have I ran across this and would like help discovering the truth of this matter.

We agreed to allow me to replace them with cc warriors of the same value minus wings for the remandier of the game. But as I sit here waiting for him to get off his cell phone I wanted to ask about it. Mostly because I think having them would of changed the outcome of a few things.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

The only way it would be illegal is if you already had 3 Fast Attack choices and some winged warriors. Otherwise, the dude must be smoking crack or something. Ask him to show you where does it say in the codex or FAQ's that you can't have winged warriors and a flyrant. The only restriction is that if you have 2 tyrants, only one of them can have wings.

Also, army builder programs are buggy. What version does he have? There are a lot of older versions out there that need to be updated, and even the newer ones may have bugs. In other words, while they are helpful tools to create your army, they're not 100% error-free. In this case, that definitely looks like a bug to me (unless, as I mentioned above, you had 3 fast attack options already, in which case you wouldn't be able to give your warriors wings as that would make them a 4th FA choice).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

explains alot

Alright that explains it then. I use a single units of raveners for some deep striking fun. and them winged warriors. So it must be his army legitizer lol as he calls it. Shrugs its ok he was pretty upset when my unit of 20 homoguants took out his termie squad. 2 plus saves only save so many of them. That is what started this whole thing he wanted to run my list through a army builder to make sure i was fielding a legit army. Was under impression that I could only field 10-12 of em. Was thinking of the 12 max on stealers me thinks. I was just making sure that my army was still legal would have to really rework it if the tyrant lost his supporting warriors. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

An Army Builder may be useful, but it is far from a rules reference. From the looks of it, it seems like the builder doesn't differentiate between Tyrant wings and warrior wings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just tested my army builder by building an army with a flyrant and winged warriors. There were no flags for illegal compostion. My guess is that your opponent has an old version of the data files. Besides, what a poor sport. He must have been a lot of fun to play against...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that was his least complaint

I won a small victory over him. even without the winged warriors. the suprise of three lictors made him upset so we had to look that rule up too. but ya he was real fun, now I know why he doesnt come to the game store to play anymore. But alas I learned alot, I thought my warriors were legal but would rather ask some others. Being the rouge traders Ive played in with about the same list. I doubted heavly that it was wrong but Im a fair sport and if there is disputes easier to comprimise and get on with the game. course ya can only give in so far. Nids 1 space marines 0 sides they were well preserved in them wonderful air fresh can's they come in.

+ Reply to Thread