Slave Snares - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slave Snares

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slave Snares

I was recently involved in a 'discussion' over slave snares, (one of) Our local Space Marine Players was trying to convince my friend (who also plays DE that he has to roll to hit, which him and I are 99% sure you don't, because there is no WS, no mention of a roll to hit, just 'D6 hits'

Also, if a Raider with slave snares flies over a unit twice (in a sort of U shape) can it get 2D6 hits? (I'm pretty sure this doesn't work, but it came up).

Finally, does anybody use them? I never have and was wondering whether there actually useful, my raiders rarely go over enemies, although if I used snare they probably would...

Thanks in advance, Panther

Dark Eldar - Everyone stole Our 2+ Poisons

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

1. there is no to hit roll needed, the opponent just rolls the d6 number of armor saves.
    2. I would say no to the 2 attacks idea, remember also that the raider cant move more than 12" to use the snares.
    3. back in the day, I used them occassionaly but found it was better to shoot them and stay out of range than use the fluffy slave snares
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbala View Post
    1. there is no to hit roll needed, the opponent just rolls the d6 number of armor saves.
    That is incorrect, you are only inflicting hits, you need to roll to wound at S4 first, then saves are taken. Although it is true that you don't roll to hit after rolling the D6

2. I would say no to the 2 attacks idea, remember also that the raider cant move more than 12" to use the snares.
    This I agree with, you would resolve the hits after completing the move, and no matter how many times you travelled over a single unit it's just a unit that was passed over so suffers the hits once.

3. back in the day, I used them occassionaly but found it was better to shoot them and stay out of range than use the fluffy slave snares
    I can't speak for the validity of this statement.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PanthersClaw View Post
    I was recently involved in a 'discussion' over slave snares, (one of) Our local Space Marine Players was trying to convince my friend (who also plays DE that he has to roll to hit, which him and I are 99% sure you don't, because there is no WS, no mention of a roll to hit, just 'D6 hits'

Also, if a Raider with slave snares flies over a unit twice (in a sort of U shape) can it get 2D6 hits? (I'm pretty sure this doesn't work, but it came up).

Finally, does anybody use them? I never have and was wondering whether there actually useful, my raiders rarely go over enemies, although if I used snare they probably would...

Thanks in advance, Panther
    I agree with not needing the 'To Hit' chart and the Slave Snares are really in the same class as Ram and Tank Shock, all being vector based attacks and done in a straight line.

But there is nothing wrong in chucking a U turn here, its just that you will only ever get what is stated for the number of hits - one lot of D6 for that turn.

Never used them though as it just adds cost to a disposable vehicle but I can imagine your opponents surprise when you declare "Ok, take 4 strength 4 hits because your under the flight path thanks very much!"

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your help guys!

So there not really worth t o h well might stilll be fun occasionally...
    Dark Eldar - Everyone stole Our 2+ Poisons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

I agree with what has been written here, but it does seem odd that you could go over a unit twice and not get any more hits with the snares. Unfortunately, the rules would need to be a lot more in-depth to account for how multiple passes would be determined.

It would be good if the upcoming codex would update it so that each time the hull passes over an enemy model, the snares would hit on a 4+ (give or take depending on balancing needs).

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

Of course, I dont see any reason why you couldnt pass over multiple units if they fell within the 12" limitation.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I use them on my wyche's raider

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbala View Post
    Of course, I dont see any reason why you couldnt pass over multiple units if they fell within the 12" limitation.
    Again, its the same mechanic as Tank Shock or Ramming, what ever is on the flight path is effected.

It could be 6 different units clipped in that 12" of travel, they all will be effected here.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

+ Reply to Thread