Boyz and their shoota's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boyz and their shoota's

i'm new to 40K (though i've played Fantasy for a while) and even newer to Orkz, this is probably just going to be a common sense thing but i want to just make sure. when the profile for Ork Boyz says that the entire mob can replace slugga and choppa with shoota's does it mean the entire mob HAS to swap or can just half the unit swap and the other half keep their original weapons?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simples: Entire Mob means entire, mob, so all. Why would you want half and half, anyway?

Tip for you: Always take shootaz, unless you're Trukkin'. (Even then, definately consider it!)

Note that the Nob can still take slugga and Power Klaw, another pretty much obligatory choice.
    "Show 'em the gunline, Boss"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Yes, you must replace all sluggas and choppas with shootas. If you've upgraded the nob, this doesn't apply.

And no, shootas are NOT better than sluggas. Both are good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cossack View Post
    And no, shootas are NOT better than sluggas. Both are good.
    QFT! Units of both is the best way to go. It mainly depends on play style/army build for exactly what to take where. But for me, if they are on foot its Shootas, if they are in a Transport its Sluggas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice, i've joined a campaign that my local shop is doing for 40K and as i've just started Orkz i thought i'd use the campaign as a means of motivation to build my army, my first battle with them is soon and i just wanted to know how to interpret the rule to see if i should continue making the unit of Boyz with slugga's and choppa's or add some shootas but as i cant i'll have to make a separate unit of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Do both. Then decide what works for you.

I built the AoBR set, then a 500 point group of shooty orks. I decided that the shooty orks didn't work so well for me. Other's differ....and I've SEEN what a shooty ork army can do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have just converted a load of Slugga boys into shootas (using Shoota arms for the Bitz Barn). But on several of the models I have left them with a choppa or a stubba (pistol) arm as well as a shoota arm, I did it just to give the models character, as I don't think Orks should ever be too uniform but you could use this technique to allow you to use the models as either, shootas or sluggas.

As long as you are very clear with your opponant before a game starts they shouldn't have a problem.

+ Reply to Thread