Mass BW thoughts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Mass BW thoughts?

So I've gotten to thinking about how many battle wagons you can fit into a single list. I've come to the conclusion that you can put 8 in 1500pts, along with 2 warbosses (which you need to get 8 BW's)

Point being I was wondering what you guys thought of an 8 BW list for a 2000pt tourny coming up. Essentially 8 Deff rolla BW w/ red paint jobs, and riggers. Then 5 units of 6 nobs.

It's either this or 2000 points of speed freaks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

You can't seriously be considering this. It's a total gimick army, will cost a lot of time, effort and money and would be boring after just a few games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x2)

I think it sounds like fun. ^^
    If I had the money and the time, an eight BW list would be oodles of fun to run!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

That'll be awesome, just run Meganobs instead and you'll be all set.

2000 Orks

HQ
    Megaboss
    KFF Mek

Elites
    3x3 Meganobs in BW (deff rolla, armor plates, big shoota, riggers)

Troops
    3 Meganobs in BW
    2x 10 grots

Heavy
    2x BW w/ Killkannon

Ok, it's only 6 BW, but lots of Nobs, lots of Deff Rollas, 4+ cover for lots, and 2 pie plates
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I love it. The look on your opponent's face alone would make it worth the cost. It'll be prone to being outflanked and massed lascannon fire might be a problem though. Might want to add something fast to protect your flanks and or counter attack.
    My award winning Orky tale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Would it really be worth the cost? I'd see the army, figure it would not be enjoyable to play, and go find a different opponent. Somehow does not seem to be worth the $$$.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Money isn't a problem I'm essentially combineing my army with a friends, borrowing his models really.

Off the top of my head I know he has 3 BW's...then to stack on top of that he's got 21,000 points of orks. So it's not like anything is off limits. It's just years of 40k and like 80 tournaments have turned me into a power gamer. I just think a bunch of deff rollas would be fun. However when it comes to winning i dont think 6-8 Bw's can do it. (I guess we'll see)

I'd love to hear some more opinions! Maybe even how effective its been for you O_o!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Well...

I agree with Cossack, not only is this army really gimmicky, but the nobz are going to be grossly underpowered, at least when compared to an equal number of points in regular slugga or shoota boyz.

Also, if you're going to use a list with at least 4 transports, then I'd definitely use at least one kustom force field. They give every vehicle within range a 4+ obscurement save, which does wonders for keeping your vehicles alive.

If you really want a lot of battlewagons then I'd just use 3 (with big shootas, grot riggers and deffrolas), a KFF within 6in, and perhaps a few trukks hiding behind them. That setup works great, especially when flanked by rokkit buggies and/or warbikes. The key is to diversify, with many types of units, capable of dealing with many different situations.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I agree that you need more orky boots to fill those BWs. having that many wagons isnt really cheese... I've seen worse (6 landraiders in 1500...). besides, if the BWs are open topped they are no where near as challenging as the Gaurd armies that will be hitting the table as we speak.

+ Reply to Thread