What to include in a Saim-Hann list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What to include in a Saim-Hann list?

I normally play mechanized eldar, but, I've been swayed to play a saim-hann list for a series of battles this weekend, wondering what to include, it's 1500pts by the way, and i would definetly like to include a seer council, any help would be much appreciated,
    (also i will be playing chaos and MEQ's maybe some orks and guard aswell)

Tj

Death to the Alien!
    who likes cockroaches anyway.
    Ordos Xenos 4/0/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

You can't go wrong with a couple of Fire Prisms. Other than the obvious lotsa jetbikes, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Most people that try and base a list off of the 3rd craftworld eldar codex use a farseer and warlocks on bikes as the wild rider chief and his kinsmen. I'd say a couple of jetbike units. If you really want to stick to the old codex set up you only get 1 heavy and 1 elite, most go for a falcon with dragons in it, then round out the rest of the army with a unit in a waveserpent and perhaps a unit of spears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so far what i've got drafted out is,
    farseer
    seer council on bikes

DA in serpent
    Falcon

2x6 bikes with warlocks

Prism

thts 1490
    Death to the Alien!
    Ordos Xenos 4/0/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

If you are taking a falcon, but not putting any troops in it, you're probably short changing your self, and you'd be better off with two fire prisms rather than an empty falcon. I'm a huge fan of the falocn personally, but mainly cause of its versatiliy. If you don't maximize that aspect of it, just go for two shots of fire prism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Be more specific with your drafted list, I don't know what powers your council has, what weapons your falcon has, if your bikes have cannons, DA squad makeup, etc.

I'd personally go for 10-12 bikes with a couple cannons, seer council bike squad (soooo nasty with some some doom, destructors, fortune) and 2 prisms. vypers are very saim hann I just don't think they're good, but if you take guide with your seer and run them alongside your council i can see that doing some major harm if you throw the appropriate weaponry on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm okay, less rough version of the list, btw i use falcon due to my current money restrictions, (i'm 14 dont blame me)

What i want to do is, change round my current fast mech list, which is seen somewhere else on here i tihnk it's the supreme mobility via jetbikes and blah blah, but yes, gonna change eldrad for tooled bike seer, 1 DA and waveserpent squad for warlock bikers, that gives me bout 280 points ofr them, maybe a little excessive, drop another for a biker squad of maybe 12, then i have my falcon and drags, and another squad of dire avengers in waveserpent.

so roughly
    Tooled farseer, doom mind war fortune stones spear etc
    5 warlocks, 1 destructor, enhance, embolden, 4 spears (i odn't like destructors much, may change depending on whom i play)

DA, exarch 2 cats bladestorm
    tl starcannon wavey.

12 bikes. warlock, embolden spear.

falcon shurricannon, star cannons, fields etc
    6 dragons.

thats about 1500 i spose, i've recently misplaced my codex, but i will fix it up later, not a word leafwalker shhh (: haha
    Death to the Alien!
    Ordos Xenos 4/0/3

+ Reply to Thread