Dark Eldar Dirtiest Tricks, we cant afford to be nice any more .... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Dark Eldar Dirtiest Tricks, we cant afford to be nice any more ....

I think the title of the thread is pretty well descriptive in terms of the information that I would like to have here. Just like eveyrone here I played dark eldar for may years, and had to watch other races get codex updates and new rule entries. So far I strongly believe that we have been dealing with this constantly declining situation pretty well, because I keep seeing players adapt to new threats or get completely annihilated on the first turn after deployment.

... so, I would like to have players share their most dirties tricks that they use to beat their opponents. I am talking the most "cheesy", nasties, annoying tactics that anyone has ever used. With such long outdated rules we cant afford to play Mr. Nice guy anymore since other races are beginning to have simply too many advantages over us. Fluff units like Hellions, mandrakes and to some extend scourges are quickly loosing their value which wasnt much to begin with but still. Therefore if anyone would like to start us off? Feel free...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

9 raiders with dark lances
    3 ravagers with disinegrators

nuff said.
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrius View Post
    9 raiders with dark lances
    3 ravagers with disinegrators

nuff said.
    Well i wouldn't call that a trick, as it is a very come build ;-)

I think in generall there are no dirty tricks with DE. they are nasty in there core, so you do not need more tricks.

the only "trick" i would call the Super Gunboat.(taking a weapon-outmaxed warrior sqaud and put it into a raider for MORE power!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I like to block hatches with haywire wyches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Just something new I started trying out lately - a WWP shooty force. Typicaly consists of 1 strong CC unit in form of HQ or wyches, anywhere between 4-7 raiders and 3 ravagers plus 2 portal squads.

This way when the raider squads emerge from the web way, they immediately disembark and start hammering enemy infantry which are meanwhile pinned by the horrorfexes that are on each raider. The ravagers have their own mission of hunting down the tanks. I like to throw in a unit of warp beast since they are cheap and effective.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

I agree that there are no real dirty tricks other than what some people would call power gaming.

Raider spam as mentioned above is one, include Vect and you got 4 ravagers with 9 raiders running around.

How about putting an IC in a squad of grotesques on a raider? The IC is now impervious to crashing raiders due to the "feel no pain" rule of the grotesques. The grotesques get to ignore the strength 3 explosion and since you can not allocate hits to the IC the IC is untouched.

We all know the whole punisher on a bike thing can make them strength 5, with drugs strength 6 and animus could make him strength 7.

And as mentioned above the "super gunboat" switch by taking a warrior squad with 2 cannons and 2 blasters and boarding them unto an empty raider. You won't be able to move more than 6" each turn but with the range of the cannons something will eventually be in range.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag View Post
    I agree that there are no real dirty tricks other than what some people would call power gaming.

Raider spam as mentioned above is one, include Vect and you got 4 ravagers with 9 raiders running around.

How about putting an IC in a squad of grotesques on a raider? The IC is now impervious to crashing raiders due to the "feel no pain" rule of the grotesques. The grotesques get to ignore the strength 3 explosion and since you can not allocate hits to the IC the IC is untouched.

We all know the whole punisher on a bike thing can make them strength 5, with drugs strength 6 and animus could make him strength 7.

And as mentioned above the "super gunboat" switch by taking a warrior squad with 2 cannons and 2 blasters and boarding them unto an empty raider. You won't be able to move more than 6" each turn but with the range of the cannons something will eventually be in range.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
    Punisher is a 2 handed weapon, a biker only has one hand free so he cant be given a punisher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by WraithGuardian View Post
    Punisher is a 2 handed weapon, a biker only has one hand free so he cant be given a punisher.
    They amended that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Ooglatjama View Post
    They amended that.
    To expand a little further for clarification the new DE FAQ has replaced the entire reaver jetbike description in the codex with the new one in the FAQ.

There is nothing telling us we need to keep one hand on the bike anymore and thus allows us to use 2 handed weapons on a bike now (as does all the other armies bike squads).

Go to the GW website and download the DE 5th edition FAQ and check it - you will notice there is nothing prohibiting us any more.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by KwiKwag View Post
    To expand a little further for clarification the new DE FAQ has replaced the entire reaver jetbike description in the codex with the new one in the FAQ.

There is nothing telling us we need to keep one hand on the bike anymore and thus allows us to use 2 handed weapons on a bike now (as does all the other armies bike squads).

Go to the GW website and download the DE 5th edition FAQ and check it - you will notice there is nothing prohibiting us any more.
    Ohmy god, I just read the 5th ed faq. I swear the codex is so old that they didnt even bother upgrading the equipment, they just ommited it from use period....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast