Feeder Tendrils AND Acid Maw without a Broodlord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeder Tendrils AND Acid Maw without a Broodlord

Ok, I could be wrong here, but I have a theory. Nothing in the Tyranid codex says that an entire brood has to have all the same biomorphs. Add to that the entry for Feeder Tendrils:

Any Tyranid Brood with a model within 2" of the creature also benefits from the preferred enemy special rule.

To me it appears that by taking a single model in a Genestealer brood with feeder tendrils, it confers the preferred enemy special rule to the entire brood, as due to the wording the brood has a model within 2 inches of it. It doesn't state anywhere in the codex that it cannot affect it's own brood. So, unless there is something I missed, Genestealers are now extremely nasty without having to take a broodlord. Anyone have any thought on this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't vary biomorphs within a brood.

Read the description in the Genestealer brood again: "..the whole brood may be equipped..."
    Last edited by WinnipegDragon; May 8th, 2009 at 16:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear, I missed that one, should've read more carefully. Doh. Mods, please feel free to remove this thread due to my foolishness.

+ Reply to Thread