possible anti ork idea - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

possible anti ork idea

Ive been struggling with large mobs of 30 orks with klaw nob recently, as per usual, however i then came up with this and i just thought id run this by you all to see if you recon this is legal, im not sure on how the ruling works.

basic idea is that you take a tyrant and 3 guards and give them all implant attack, then asuming you get the charge:

on average, 4 hits and wounds from tyrant, 4 dead, 12 attacks from TG, 8 hit about 5-6 wounds and 1 makes a save. so thats about 9 dead. 90 hits back, 45 hit, 7-8 wound ,you fail 2-3 saves. Nob gets 3 attacks, 1-2 hit, probably wounds, so worst case, you win by 5.

now does implant attack mean you deal 18 wounds, so you get a win by 13. The ruling says that any model who fails a save suffers 2 wounds instead of 1. in that case due to no reatreat, another 11-12 orks die, so in 1 turn youve killed off 17 orks. combine that with another unit assaulting at the same time and thats devastating.

So is this a legal move, or is not strictly correct due to 5th ed changing the way fearlessness works? Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Page 39 BBB:

"..nor do wounds in excess of a models Wound characteristic (count), only the wounds actually suffered by enemy models."

So unfortunately dealing 2 wounds to a 1 wound model still only gives you 1 combat resolution point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know much about 'nids but I have 1,250 points of Orks that a game with ALLOT. I win allot of games becasue not too many people play orks so there unfamiler with the tactics. I have 2 mobs of 20+2nob leaders, Gazhgull, 9 deffcopters with rockets and 10 nobs 5 claw 5 big choppas. Your biggest fear as an ork player is the enemy range weapons. Obviously as a nid play your mainly CC but if you could get some of those Venom cannona, think thats right, and barbed stranglers? I think thats the names of them. Don't they have a large blast? I'd go for as much shooty stuff as possible...

I've wipped out squads of assault terminators and vangaud vertrens time after time

I've lost half my army to a couple of squads of fire warriors even more frequantly...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

heh dont worry, i play orks myself and know how to beat them just fine, it was just a specific set of units in a list that i needed info on, Thanks for the advice though
    Same about the ruling, would have loved to shove that one in his face, but oh well, thanks kroxigor.

Edit @ John, not many people play orks in your area? Wow love to see where you game, where i am, if a new person comes along without orks its a miracle.
    Last edited by Heirodule; May 9th, 2009 at 18:07.

+ Reply to Thread