Time For A New Codex? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Odd_Bloke@Aug 27 2003, 20:12
    Assuming yo uare referring to the Battlewagon, the entire point of that is that people should have more variety between them. They are individual. There is no particular design or structure for a Battlewagon, the Meks will just put together whatever they find once the battlefield is clear.

I would like to see a modular kit for Ork vehicles, so there is more room for customisation. The rules could also do with being more lenient and allowing for modifications.
    Like a box full of wheel, tracks, guns, plates, gibbens and such? that would be very cool. Arnt Orks all about being "rag-tag" and look like they just stuck everything together with scotch tape? It would offer a lot of diffrent moddeling opertunities... i like that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have heard some rumors that GW will be doing an Ork vehicle kit of some kind, one kit to make all the vehicle types in 40k...sometime next year.
    I just hope that it is true.
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks need some new models but they don't need a new codex. They are probably the most well balanced army in the game. They key is that you have some very destructive units who will earn back many times their own value (Ork boyz, wartracks) and some amazing support units (Zapps, Grots)
    Point for point ork boyz & grots are perhaps the most powerful units in the game. The only things that come close are wraithlords and necron warriors.
    Only yesterday I smashed a Chaos army of 10 terminators, 6 bezerkers and 12 chaos marines using just grots, boyz and a pair of wartracks.
    They don't need power weapons when nobody gets a save over 4+ and they don't need big heavy weapons due to the sheer number of rokits you can fire off every turn. Orks really can produce some scarily shoot armies.

The orks need a thicker codex with more fluff and a weapons chart, and I expect to see a Chapter aproved set of doctrines for ork clans (along the lines of IG doctrines) any day now. But I really do think the army list is perfect. We just need good models to allow people to explore it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha i think the orks are still making up for 1st edition when they has 3 books and IG and marines where packed in 1 book and eldar, squats and stealers where in another.... dont forget the eldar book was at the same time aswell. i would however like to see the orks get a book like the craftworld eldar manual. clans of the orks or somthing.. the ork list is realy good but it takes alot of $$ to build a really efectice army. ie forgeworld and expensive figs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ORKY BOYZ NEEDA CODEX!

OLD STINKIN CODEX GIVE ORKS NO DAKKA!!

AND WEES LIKE 'EM DAKKA!

WAAAGH!

Nah but seriously, I'm just starting to get into orcs and they are the best race of them all. Best RP too. They do need a new codex, if for no purpose at all then at least to keep 1,000s of loyal Ork Boyz happy(and some new units would be nice as well as the ability to resurect grots back on a roll of 4 or more and a +4 armor save for all orks and the ability to deep strike with stormboyz and some vehicles with 17 armor all around, as well as some good long distance weaps that shoot over 8 feet, gee Santa I think that covers everything, lol). Woot Woot for the over looked Shoota Boyz, and dem liddle Grots! Just Please GW, all we want for Christmas (or sooner if possible) is some new orky stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, with all those additions in a new codex [ Grot resurection rocks ] we wouldn't need to play anymore. Everyone would just throw in the towel. Hey, All I want is the bionic leg put back into the game...

WAAAGH!
    "Da Orks is da best cuz we ar ded ard an killy, mean, green, krumpin machines, hav da most dakka, da stompiest dreads, da shootiest gunz, da biggest bosses, an we uze choppas...WAAAGH!"
    Warlord Hakbash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and some new units would be nice as well as the ability to resurect grots back on a roll of 4 or more and a +4 armor save for all orks and the ability to deep strike with stormboyz and some vehicles with 17 armor all around
    Thanks for the laugh Deathbringer (and your sarcasm was not lost on me). I think some variation in army composition as 'themes' might be neat, much like the clans introduced way back. It would be nice to add Kult of Speed, Feral Orks, and regular boys all combined into one codex.

Yet, I think Orks might be falling behind the curve a bit with other armies. Do we need more/different units? Not really, but I think we might want to examine the point costs for some troops and units. I find it hard to believe for some armies 18 points can get you a troop unit with the stats of a space marine, a decent ranged weapon (i.e. it is not limited to CC only), a fair armor save, and a 'bionic-wargear-like' 4+ save.

The Dark Eldar got a revamp. GW found out the point costs for some units were overpriced. They also needed some small upgrades/twinks in the manner of wargear. I think the changes were definately warrented. Orks might need something similar soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Templar need there own codex, none of this sharring bullshit with other races

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

You do notice that BT have nothing to do with this thread do you??
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clearly not. Accident? Or spamming? Or maybe pure *****headedness? You decide...
    I live in your eyes

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast