some questions some answers for newbie please :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some questions some answers for newbie please :)

I recently started playing eldar, and one of my favourite characters is Eldrad Ulthran, but can Eldrad use his Mind war 3 times a round?

Let's say a group of dire avengers with dire sword attach Abbadon the dispoiler, the diresword wounds Abbadon, and he fails his leadership, does he die or not due to eternal warrior? rulebooks says eternal warriors are immune to instant death which is if strength of hit is douple victim's Toughness. but diresword sais is removed regadles of wounds remaining.

i have two wraithlords, and i consider selling them and get 3 fireprisms, is this a good move or not
    thanks for your time, and sorry if there is a similar post!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airanthus View Post
    I recently started playing eldar, and one of my favourite characters is Eldrad Ulthran, but can Eldrad use his Mind war 3 times a round?
    No, the spirit stone lets him use 2 different psychic powers while his staff lets him use a 3rd psychic power which may be one that he has already used if his not in an assault. In other words Eldrad can only cast the same physic power twice if his not in an assault. So no, at best he can cast mind war twice.

Let's say a group of dire avengers with dire sword attach Abbadon the dispoiler, the diresword wounds Abbadon, and he fails his leadership, does he die or not due to eternal warrior? rulebooks says eternal warriors are immune to instant death which is if strength of hit is douple victim's Toughness. but diresword sais is removed regadles of wounds remaining.
    There's been a little debate over this but the simple fact is that the dire sword is not preforming instant death so eternal warrior dose not come in to play. There are other weapons that work like the dire sword that are negated by eternal warrior but it's stated specifically in the weapons rules that this is the case. It is not stated in the dire swords rules so no eternal warrior dose not come in to play. Some people claim this is a form of rules creep but the eternal warrior rules are in the eldar codex and GW have not updated the direswords rules in a faq so in RAW the rules are clear. You may want to change it in house rules if the other players think it's unfair but there's clear argument for saying EW should come in to effect when using dire swords.

i have two wraithlords, and i consider selling them and get 3 fireprisms, is this a good move or not
    thanks for your time, and sorry if there is a similar post!
    Can't really say, spend some time looking over the army lists for the kind of points your playing and see what other people are doing. For me i wouldn't want more than 2 fireprisims with the rest of the army that i have for example. I would say that it's almost always best, if you can, to add to your army rather than exchange so that you have more choice when putting lists together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks a lot, eveything you said is really useful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other words Eldrad can only cast the same physic power twice if his not in an assault. So no, at best he can cast mind war twice
    unfortunately eldrad can only cast mindwar once per turn

rules for psychic shooting attacks say this

"even if psyker has a special rule allowing them to use more then one psychic power per turn, he can use only one psychic shooting attack"

unless of coarse they have rules stating they can fire more then one weapon per turn, which eldrad doesnt have. his rules say he can use a power he has already cast but not that he can fire two shooting powers so its ruled out.

would be fun tho lol
    "Playing it safe is the most popular way to fail." - Elliott Smith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm you are right, so only one mindwar per round, not good but 3 dooms or smth like that XD nasty crap!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah of course, forgot about that part of it. Can't understand how it slipped my mind since i talked about that with some one only the other day. My bad sorry

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Airanthus View Post
    hmm you are right, so only one mindwar per round, not good but 3 dooms or smth like that XD nasty crap!
    2 Dooms :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=hotcod;1457060]
    There's been a little debate over this but the simple fact is that the dire sword is not preforming instant death so eternal warrior dose not come in to play. There are other weapons that work like the dire sword that are negated by eternal warrior but it's stated specifically in the weapons rules that this is the case. It is not stated in the dire swords rules so no eternal warrior dose not come in to play. Some people claim this is a form of rules creep but the eternal warrior rules are in the eldar codex and GW have not updated the direswords rules in a faq so in RAW the rules are clear. You may want to change it in house rules if the other players think it's unfair but there's clear argument for saying EW should come in to effect when using dire swords./quote]

I think the policy behind instant death is that it is the key word that eternal warrior prevents, there are some weapons in the Eldar codex that cause instant death (D-cannons and Wraithcannons,) I would tend to think since the Diresword doesn't that it is not affected by eternal warrior.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Yeah, i had always thought that the diresword gibs whatever. Good luck getting a wound to fail a check on abbadon though. I certainly wouldn't count on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i have done wounds on abaddon with exarch, that's why i posted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast