jetbike troop question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jetbike troop question

i'm wondering what the best jetbike troop choice would be:

idea 1:
    9 guardian jetbikes + 3 cannons
    9 guardian jetbikes + 3 cannons
    6 guardian jetbikes + 2 cannons

idea 2:

idea 3:
    6 guardian jetbikes + 2 cannons + warlock (jetbike, embolden, singing spear)
    6 guardian jetbikes + 2 cannons + warlock (jetbike, embolden, singing spear)

or maybe take 2 squads of 3 jetbikes + cannon

these will be in an army with fire prisms, farseers (jetbike) and shining spears

comments would be nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

If you could just find those 60 points for another Warlock in last option it would be sooo great...

And think whether you want Embolden or Destructor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

I'll second that, a Warlock in that last option would be pretty devastating. With jetbikes, however, you probably want numbers more than anything so you might want to consider the second option (which will be better at capturing objectives than the third). Of the three, however, if you put a Warlock in the last one (if you can, I've looked at your list and there doesn't seem to be many points you can spare) that would be my choice. If you can't I'd probably go for the second one.

DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

6 with 2 cannons and a warlock with embolden and spear is the best all around jetbike unit IMO. The destructor does make the unit meaner but the possiblity of running goes up in return. I have a hard time hidding units that get much larger, bikes have a very large foot print on the table top. The only time I would go larger is if you have a cunning plan for the unit. Like a full 12 man squad + warlock with conceal and a fortune seer. They become rather hard to kill with shooting but it is a big chunk of points and can get steam rolled in melees.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Best size IMO is 6+2 cannons+Warlock. more is too much, less is not enough.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for the comments

first of all, i dont have points for 3 warlocks,

so shall I...

1) take 4x 6 jetbikes + 2x shuriken cannon
    2) take 2x 6 jetbikes + 2x shuriken cannon + warlock and 1 squad of 6 jetbikes + 2x cannon
    3) take 2x 6 jetbikes + 2x shuriken cannon + warlock and 2 squads of 3 jetbikes + cannon

what do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

From those choices I say 2 is the best way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by nakaruru View Post
    6 with 2 cannons and a warlock with embolden and spear is the best all around jetbike unit IMO. The destructor does make the unit meaner but the possiblity of running goes up in return. I have a hard time hidding units that get much larger, bikes have a very large foot print on the table top. The only time I would go larger is if you have a cunning plan for the unit. Like a full 12 man squad + warlock with conceal and a fortune seer. They become rather hard to kill with shooting but it is a big chunk of points and can get steam rolled in melees.

I know it's neither easy nor comfortable nor always possible, but use running Avathar with Fortune. It doesn't always work, but well suits me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

warlocks w/conceal

I typically only run with one squad of bikes...so take my experience in context.

I always take a warlock with a spear and Conceal. You don't turbo-boost often enough and too many people target bikes with heavy weapons to opt out of the cover save. Also, having the extra anti-tank helps a lot.

good luck! I know numbers are important, but I'd suggest running as many warlocks as you are comfortable with. I guess you could shield some units with screens of warlock upgraded squads, but with the short range of the shuricat you'd end up pretty clumped.
    Have fun,

Frank

"Orcs are what happens when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grow old and bitter."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with conceal is that youve just taken a 1 wound 63 point model. Wayyyy too much. You need to either rely on positioning to get cover saves, turboboost, or position so that you are not in range or line of sight of heavy weapons units.

Destructor warlocks dont work well consistently imo because getting close enough to use the destructor puts you in rapid fire/assault range, even with the 6 inch move in the assault. If you dont wipe out the enemy squad you can get hit hard.

Embolden warlocks are great for keeping morale/spearing a tank/taking an ap2/3 shot in a pinch. However, I think that sometimes (especially in a list thats really tight point wise) they can be excluded with no real harm done, as long as you compensate in other areas (more anti-tank options, avatar with fearless radius, etc)

The Hand that guides.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast