Lictor, deep strike - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member Padea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

    Lictor, deep strike

    About the deep strike, it needs to be in terrain, is it possible to deep strike into a terrain with enemy models. The question is, does it use the mishap chart?
    And it may assault, may it do its movement as normal as well?
    Thanks!


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    LO Zealot magnet_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Padea View Post
    About the deep strike, it needs to be in terrain, is it possible to deep strike into a terrain with enemy models. The question is, does it use the mishap chart?
    And it may assault, may it do its movement as normal as well?
    Thanks!
    Yes you can DS into terrain that has enemy units, you run the risk of scattering into those units and suffering a DS mishap. Yes you use the mishap table on pg 95. On the rolls of 1-2 and 5-6 it's pretty obvious what happens. On a roll of 3-4 the issue is not addressed. I would play it where your opponent can place your model anywhere on the board following the Lictor's "Secret Deployment" rules (i.e. in any terrain piece).

    The Lictor's rules say it can assault after DSing, but it doesn't say it can move.
    Tim Wright

    "The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

  4. #3
    Senior Member Padea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by magnet_man View Post
    Yes you can DS into terrain that has enemy units, you run the risk of scattering into those units and suffering a DS mishap. Yes you use the mishap table on pg 95. On the rolls of 1-2 and 5-6 it's pretty obvious what happens. On a roll of 3-4 the issue is not addressed. I would play it where your opponent can place your model anywhere on the board following the Lictor's "Secret Deployment" rules (i.e. in any terrain piece).

    The Lictor's rules say it can assault after DSing, but it doesn't say it can move.
    Ok, thanks. that means when they are in the terrain, but if it is impossible terrain and i deepstrike from it and i "hit" a enemy unit, do i still need to do the mishap? Since the lictor must be placed as close to the point indicated as possible without leaving the that terrain piece. So can they "mishap" if on impossible terrain? Since they "cant scatter outside it"

  5. #4
    Dark Eldar Gerbil Splata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,522
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

    I don't have my codex so i can't answer that.

    Also you must remember that the lictor could trip on a twig and must take a dangerous terrain test on the turn it deep strikes as it is deep striking into cover.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

    WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

  6. #5
    Senior Member Padea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Splata View Post
    I don't have my codex so i can't answer that.

    Also you must remember that the lictor could trip on a twig and must take a dangerous terrain test on the turn it deep strikes as it is deep striking into cover.
    Wait wait.. Are you saying that i am forced to deepstrike into terrain and if i hit a piece of a tree i must make a dangerous terrain test? Sounds really bad if you are forced to do that. I think i will call GW on that one!

  7. #6
    LO Zealot magnet_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,330
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Padea View Post
    Wait wait.. Are you saying that i am forced to deepstrike into terrain and if i hit a piece of a tree i must make a dangerous terrain test? Sounds really bad if you are forced to do that. I think i will call GW on that one!
    Yes, If you DS into area terrain you have to make a dangerous terrain test since the rules for DSing have you make a dangerous terrain test if you land in any sort of terrain. Since the current DS rules were not around at the writing of the nid codex they didn't write an exception into the lictor's rules. They also did not FAQ it when 5th ed was released. It is sill, but it is the rules.
    Tim Wright

    "The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

  8. #7
    Senior Member Padea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by magnet_man View Post
    Yes, If you DS into area terrain you have to make a dangerous terrain test since the rules for DSing have you make a dangerous terrain test if you land in any sort of terrain. Since the current DS rules were not around at the writing of the nid codex they didn't write an exception into the lictor's rules. They also did not FAQ it when 5th ed was released. It is sill, but it is the rules.
    Aha.. Well that sucks big time! :/
    Thanks for info.

  9. #8
    Senior Member TamCoan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    45
    Posts
    815
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

    Yeah, the terrain test on deep-striking has been a glaring error with the lictor. I was very surprised they didn't address it when they came out with the nid faq for this edition.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts