snikrot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: snikrot

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x3)

snikrot

would someone mind telling me why he is so good??

i can see ambush is great for getting around the back to hard elements but having him in there means no PK in the kommandos squad which means they aren't able to squish vehicles very well, or instakill badass characters. would love to have a good reason to buy one of the models

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Ive used him a couple of times an what he does for me is ties up those elements that otherwise would be a pain, such as devastator squads, heavy weapn teams, fire warriors, rangers ect and dont forget that most of the time heel need 4s to glance as most tanks that will be hiding at the back have rear armour ten. Lastly combined with a wagghh you have an effective assault zone of 13" from any side of the board, so you can deal with hidden threats a lot faster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

You pick your board edge when he comes on, and a ton of S6 attacks are always nice. He won't be smashing up tanks and MCs, but he can tear up a gunline and put pressure on your enemy's rear unit.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Snikkrot allows you to choose any spot along the board edge to attack from. This not only allows you to strike exactly where he's most needed, but it also gives you a psychological advantage over your opponent, since he can literally strike from anywhere.

Also, he's really good in close combat. As long as you include 2 burnas in the unit with him, he's sure to at least tie up any significant unit, and he'll probably destroy them as well.

The catch with Snikkrot is that his unit will not survive for long outside of close combat, which is why I like to keep the unit a little smaller, just to keep it a bit more expendable. 15 kommandos w/Snikkrot and 2 burnas isn't that much more powerful than a unit of 9 kommandos w/Snikkrot and 2 burnas, and it isn't that much more likely to survive outside of close combat either.

Finally, Snikkrot, and all outflanking units, are generally better in footslogging armies than speed freaks. Speed freaks need to charge up all at the same time. Having forces show up at a random time hurts that. Since Snikkrot is all but certain to show up at about the same time the rest of your army reaches close combat or earlier, then he's a better investment (the same goes for deffkoptas).
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i play eldar and when i have guardians on an objective in a forest, or pathfinders in a forest guarding, snikky comes right in takes them out and then im pretty much boned untill someone else can get over to them

he does his job and then dies, imo a real Pain i nthe @$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

against IG with artillery squadrons for example, he'll be penetrating 3 of them (on average) on his own. plus the damage caused by the rest of the mob.
    very nasty.
    "i am a leaf in the wind, see how i soar"

+ Reply to Thread