Drop A Pyramid On 'Em - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Drop A Pyramid On 'Em

Is it possible to Deep Strike a Monolith into play right on top of a load of enemy models and have them move out of the way, or does that only work if they're within 1" of it when it arrives?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you can deepstrike on enemy units and tanks. The units that is under the monolith have to move the shortest distance needed to not be hit by it. It is possible to take out big enemy models by pushing them off the board. It's very risky though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Rulebook says that the DS can occur anywhere on the battlefield. It doesn't say that it can't be on top of other units (though normally this would be suicidal at best with a Hit). I'd say it's perfectly allowed, and have done so in the past with no complaints against it.

On a side note, my Monolith decided to Deep Strike out of my bedroom window into a hedge 2 floors down. Stupid Monolith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2284 View Post
    On a side note, my Monolith decided to Deep Strike out of my bedroom window into a hedge 2 floors down. Stupid Monolith.
    MISHAP!

So, if the Monolith Deep Strikes into the middle of a load of enemy models, does that mean it can fire Flux Arc shots at every unit it moves out of the way when landing, plus any other units that are within 12" when it appears? Does that mean Deep Striking it AT things is a perfectly legitimate and sound way to use a Lith?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

I was under the impression that you had to DS into clear terrain, however on a scatter you can shove things around and fire as you wish after landing. I'll double check all that later. (no books with me atm)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

235 (x6)

I mean place it in a position where it's reasonably certain to scatter into oppo models rather than use it like a Blast template; i.e if his models are clustered together and there's enough of a gap for the Lith to be placed in between them, is it going to shift them out of the way if it scatters on top of them or is it going to get MISHAP!ed outof a window?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

If you can fit it on the board? Absolutely!

Alex2284, how did the bushes handle up to having a mono fall on them? (and how's the mono?)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fugger View Post
    MISHAP!

So, if the Monolith Deep Strikes into the middle of a load of enemy models, does that mean it can fire Flux Arc shots at every unit it moves out of the way when landing, plus any other units that are within 12" when it appears? Does that mean Deep Striking it AT things is a perfectly legitimate and sound way to use a Lith?

As of 5th edition you cannot fire the flux arc on the same turn as a deep strike. Only the portal or particle whip (portal must be used if reserve units are available). To this reason, I don't deep strike it anymore
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not too bad all things considered. It was quite funny actually. As I opened my door I heard the sound of something heavy falling. I checked the window ledge (where all my currently in progress stuff resides) and noticed the monolith was missing. It was funny to see this reddish pyramid thing sticking out of a hedge. Actual damage done wasn't too bad. The part that you stick on to the back of the 'lith fell off and that was it. Though it is possible I lost the end of one of my Gauss Flux guns, two are still on it and a third is currently in my bitz box. It'll be annoying if it's gone, but it's still better than losing a huge chunk of it down a storm drain. That happened to a couple of Warp Spiders already. Poor Exarch lost his jump pack and another one just dissappeared. I'm not feeling much Deep Strike love from that window...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fugger View Post
    I mean place it in a position where it's reasonably certain to scatter into oppo models rather than use it like a Blast template
    You could use it as a blast template if you want to

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast