Shooty Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shooty Nids

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

Shooty Nids

Hey guys. I there's a new "mobile" Ork player on the block and I was thinking about using a shooty/reactive nid list to counter his. He puts his boyz in trucks and uses a few bikes and shoota boyz for fire support.

So, I came over here to post my idea and see if I was on track before constructing my list. Basically, I'm going to take probably two warrior broods with deathspitters and a devourer, a dakka rant with guards, two sniper fexes, two medium-size spinegaunt broods, two medium-sized hormagaunt broods, and a fairly small-sized genestealer brood.

I'll blow up his transports from range, then leapfrog the hormagaunst to get the charge on his boyz. The stealers will outflank to take out the shoota boyz and get his objective. Sound good?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought I'd say, you can never go wrong with a couple of Zoanthropes shooting the trucks, or using a small AP3 blast template on his guys.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder. We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

That's true. I do love my thropes... It might just be a 500pt game though, which changes my plan a little...

EDIT: Turns out he's changing his tactics on me. He's gonna be using a grot shield in front of footslogging boyz. Anyone know how to deal with this? I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by Subsocial; June 2nd, 2009 at 04:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, grotz won't cause much for cover for trucks with the you can shoot what you see rule. Devourer armed gaunts, hormagaunts or template weapons would probably work well on clearing the grotz away from you.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder. We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

blast templates.
    spitter warriors.
    Boomfexs.

Cover saves from intervening units only apply if the intervening unit is actually hindering Line of Sight. Dakka fex and Dakka tyrant, if modled appropriately, will look over the grots and thus they wont provide cover saves.
    (unless the new Ork codex has a special cover save from grots like they did in their previous codex).

Do Grots benefit from Mob leadership rule? (I suspect not) - brake them.

Do to the orks what marines do to us: use a squad of hard hitters and assault across a broad front hitting their grots and their orks in CC. Then put all your hits into the grots (easier to kill). The Ork force will loose combat and thus the ork boys will take wounds.
    As of Tyranid 5th Ed. codex I have the Gaunts I wanted. I did, however, loose the sniperfexs I relied upon and they were more important then the gaunts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
    well, grotz won't cause much for cover for trucks with the you can shoot what you see rule. Devourer armed gaunts, hormagaunts or template weapons would probably work well on clearing the grotz away from you.
    If he's taking footsloggers, he's not going to be taking a lot of trukks. He's certainly not going to be putting grots in front of those trukks since all the grots would do is slow down the trukks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    blast templates.
    spitter warriors.
    Boomfexs.

Cover saves from intervening units only apply if the intervening unit is actually hindering Line of Sight. Dakka fex and Dakka tyrant, if modled appropriately, will look over the grots and thus they wont provide cover saves.
    (unless the new Ork codex has a special cover save from grots like they did in their previous codex).
    nope

Do Grots benefit from Mob leadership rule? (I suspect not) - brake them.
    they don't.

Do to the orks what marines do to us: use a squad of hard hitters and assault across a broad front hitting their grots and their orks in CC. Then put all your hits into the grots (easier to kill). The Ork force will loose combat and thus the ork boys will take wounds.

+ Reply to Thread