Tau Human Auxiliaries - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Tau Human Auxiliaries

So I've decided my next army is gonna be Tau,but i wanted to use Gue’vesa to make up most of my troop choices.Does anybody know what the limit on those sqauds is? I can't get into GW's site to look right now b/c I'm at work and they block out any site with "game" in the name.Is there a certain amount of fire Warrior teams I have to have for each Gue'vesa team?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

It appears that there is *drum roll* NO LIMITS. Pity you have to take 1+ units of Fire Warriors, but you only need 6 of them. SO thtas 50 Humans, 6 Fire Warriors. Have fun with that.
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh and you forgot one thing the Gue'Vesa are in teams of 12 at the highest and minumun 6. so thats really 6 tau and 60 gue'vesa. I personally don't use them much but am thinking of using them as suicide bombers to take out LR and WW.
    If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it's heroic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uhm, everyone else has pointed out how many Gue'la you can use. That leaves me to point out the question, why? I personally may use one squad of gue'la when I feel like putting out a markerlight and a couple extra pulse rifles, but 60 gue'la? I just dont think that will work, all you get is 10 pulse rifles for that (2 per squad), and a bunch of lasguns. The reason why it works for Guard is they can take a whole lot more, plus each platoon can take special and heavy weapons, gue'la can't. Now, if you are transferring from Guard to Tau, which I think you are, then ok knock yourself out for a while as you buy up your tau forces, if however you have to buy the Gue'la, just use the money for Firewarriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think he wants to screen battle suits with them. in the 4th ed thats coming out in a couple of weeks their will be no more screening.
    If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it's heroic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Yes I have a few extra gaurd models and not enough Tau ones and yes,was planning on basicly having nice squishy human meat shields for my battlesuits,but I'm probably gonna keep at least ione human team in my final army list..just as a novelty.They can be my token meat shields ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered the use of Gue'vesa in my army. I like the idea, but I wanna concentrate on an all-Tau force first and then possibly bring in some Gue'vesa as token forces. I personally like the idea of Tau using other races, it's fits well. =) It'd be interesting to use some other races with Gue'vesa rules, as a modelling opportunity. How about some Eldar? Or Orks (yeah, I know, it would never happen, but hey) or even Gretchin (far more likely)?
    Kais Kauyon Tash'var Battle Record
    2/1/0

Waaugh! Shizgrak Battle Record
    2/4/0

W/L/T

Closed Thread