how do you use shees? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you use shees?

The next units I am going to buy will be 2 boxes of 'shees. I was wondering if there were any tricks to not getting shot up? Seems they cannot charge out of the serpent since it isn't open topped, and they have a squishy 4+ save. So my question is how do you prevent them from being rapid fired and plasma'd to death on the turn they disembark before they get a chance to charge and tear up power armor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you can charge if the transport hasn't moved so keeping them inside a hardy WS is a great way to keep them alive. Just leave them inside, wait till next turn then disembark and charge before you move the Serpent again. The Banshees have fleet so you'd be pretty unlucky if you didn't reach whatever you were aiming for. I've never used Banshees myself, but I think thats the basic idea.
    Last edited by OrkusMorkus; June 6th, 2009 at 10:05. Reason: Didn't make sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you have to be tactical about them. Depending on board layout, you can go all out with the Serpent, giving it the 4+ cover save and getting it close enough so that in the next turn you are within range for the assault. AV 12 isn't the best in the world but with the Energy Field and the 4+ Cover save, it increases the likelihood of survival quite a bit. Once within range you should take a look at the layout of the enemy around you.

You can use the Wave Serpent's weapons to soften up the target that the banshees are going for, attack something that is a threat to the banshees should they wipe out the enemy before it is your turn or just use it to be a jerk and get it in the way of any enemy units that might try to counter assault your banshees.

You want to give the Banshees as many advantages as you can so you want to try and avoid missing out on your Acrobatic and Warshout skills. Same with the I10 bonus in the first round of assault. A lot of it is based on what happens whilst they are getting into range. You don't want to go too fast forward without suppport or else every gun and it's dog will be aiming at you. Adaptability is the key.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

I ussualy use them with a farseer inside a serpent. First turn i fortune the serpent and turboboost in the close vecinity of one of my priority target infantery of the enemy. Second turn i fortune the squad, doom the enemy infantery team, disembark charge and win. If i do not want to wipe out the enemy i do not doom or get more more attacks on the IC inside enemy squad (who is ussualy my priority target).

This is an ideal situation. you can tweak it depending the situation on the field. In the end shees are shock troops design to kill the meanest targets not the 30 ork boys over there

And yeah if you do not move the serpent (including pivoting on the spot) you can assault the turn you disembark (you can fleet too as banshees has fleet).
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

The general idea behind them has already been covered, just like to note that if you want to play them a bit more fluidly move the transport near one of your squishy units. People have to decide if getting close to the banshees is worth killing the squishy unit. They can also work great as area denial, nobody seems to like walking close to their waveserpent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of interest can you assault underneath your transport if its high enough ? So if the squads in front of the serpant your Shees get out the back.
    you cannot shoot my harliquins because beneath their mask is an idea and ideas are bulletproof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can go through even skimmer bases so I don't think it's allowed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by mike4253 View Post
    Out of interest can you assault underneath your transport if its high enough ? So if the squads in front of the serpant your Shees get out the back.
    I don't think you can, but anyway you should not need to : the idea is move the Serpent all-out on turn N, get the 4+ save, then disembark at the begininng of turn N+1 which means you can move the Serpent out of the Banshees' path, move them, fleet, assault...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I don't think you can disembark, move the transport then go back and move the banshees. Disembarking counts as moving and you must do all your movement with a unit before moving another one. But still with fleet getting close enough that 6" +1d6"+ 6" assault can reach a target isn't to hard.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

yes you can if the transport did not moved at all at that turn. Disembarking is not moving. Rulebook.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast