Anti tank question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Anti tank question

what do you guys do for anti-tank weapons?

I play IG as my first (and for now only army) and with the new codex I have even more tanks and stuff in my army. Dark lance is only moderately efficient and while assaulting will usually take a tank down, what about landraiders and things like that? If you assault then that usually leaves a unit untouched. I'm just trying to see how you deal with something like that before I build my list. I'd think hordes could be difficult as well, despite being able to assault and fight first. Do we get enough dakka?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    what do you guys do for anti-tank weapons?

I play IG as my first (and for now only army) and with the new codex I have even more tanks and stuff in my army. Dark lance is only moderately efficient and while assaulting will usually take a tank down, what about landraiders and things like that? If you assault then that usually leaves a unit untouched. I'm just trying to see how you deal with something like that before I build my list. I'd think hordes could be difficult as well, despite being able to assault and fight first. Do we get enough dakka?
    Well the Dark Lance IS the weapon of choice here and perhaps it’s the number of them that’s lacking.

Ravagers can pack 3 into a build, warrior squads can field 2 per unit and these squads on Raiders can spit out 3 shots per turn if stationary.

Then there is the Blaster, same as a Lance but you can move and shoot with it at a much shorter distance. The Blaster option could be used on a small unit of Reavers to reach that annoying indirect fire menace very quickly but at a greater risk involved.

An even greater risk is using Hellions deepstriking with blasters but it is satisfying IF you pull this one trick pony off!

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

I've been running 12 Lances lately in 1.5k. 7 On raiders, and 5 on foot. In addition to 9 dissies via ravagers, and i'm thinking about making it another 3. Cause I have found the 9 dissies to be superflous at times. But hey. If you're interested my list is:

4 Haemonculiw/destructors+scissors
    2x5 wyches w.raiders + 2 shredders
    5x5 Warriors w/Dark Lance+raiders
    3 Ravagers w/Dissies

Everything has Night Shields. I just sit back and move around the enemy, systematically picking them apart. Sometimes it feels a bit unfair on your opponent though... Just because he literally can't hurt you, cause you're out of range.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another option is our Wyches armed with haywires. Or any model with access to the armory.
    Help the kin TAKE your soul, I mean, take your soul...
    I play Vassal. I'm in V40K Open Ladder.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

I think we can handle hordes alright as long as we shoot well and then assault on our terms.

AV14 still troubles me. I guess there's a happy medium between too many and not enough lances

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

Why should AV14 trouble you, anything over 12 counts as 12 with the DL/blaster.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabbala View Post
    Why should AV14 trouble you, anything over 12 counts as 12 with the DL/blaster.
    Except that 'Blessed Armour' and 'Living Metal' negates the Lance rule quite nicely.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

True, but depending on the average armies you face, those can come up frequently or not at all.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

159 (x5)

For me, even in apoc we are verging on the almost none.

I just go with lances and blasters as close range backup which I'd rather focus on high armoured goons like terminators.
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

+ Reply to Thread