Advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Advice

To the chase.

Here are what models I own:

1 Autarch
    1 Farseer
    3 warlocks

8 Harlequins (DJ and Solitare)
    6 SS
    10 Banshees
    6 Dragons

20 Guardian defenders
    15 DA

2 Vypers

1 Falcon
    1 Prism
    1 Wrath Lord
    1War Walker

1 Wave Serpeant

Considering to Buy:
    3-5Jetbikes
    1 vyper
    3 shining spears
    Swooping Hawks

What I want to know is what general suggestions does the general public have on making lists at 1000, 1500, and 2000 with these available forces?

Mainly I play SM, CSM, Tau(suit), Guard(laser) and occasionally Nid swarm.

Id like to make lists that I will not alter between games...such as for a tournament.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

i suggest to buy more serpents intead of shining spears. Use pinning and dire avenger exarch hands (the one with spear and the one with sword) to get the shining spears from jetbikes. As i see you have a very nice looking list as models but is not balanced in term of competitive lists.

If the solitaire is accepted as a shadowseer, you could have a list based on Farseer, harlies, banshees in serpent, dragons in falcon, guardians and avengers (these are on foot so here is your very weak point-you could use those jetbikes for extramovement in troop category and a little more survival). Rest fill up to the point limit depending on what you really wanna tweak and how you wanna play.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Do you mean have 1 squad of DA with PW n shimmer shield and 1 with a dire sword? and what do you mean get the shining spears from the jetbikes?

and sorry i do have a shadow seer, solitare is the old model.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

converting regular jetbikes to shining spears with the spears from 2 DA exarchs and the powersword from the same set. yes but solitaire is no longer legal. but can be accepted by your opponents as a shadowseer. (hope you are not in a very strict community about wysiwyg)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

ooo good idea. i do not have a solitare model, i have the shadow seer, i just typed the wrong thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I second the extra Wave Serpents. The army you've got is pretty good but, personally, I'd drop the shining spears (not really worth their points to be honest) and the Serpents will give you the option of rapidly re-deploying and dropping troops where they're needed (particularly non-deep striking Scorpions, Banshees and Fire Dragon)

The Serpents can then be used to black LoS and with a little bit of correct placement protect any dropped troopsfrom charges allowing more firepower to be poured into the enemy.
    Eldar: W:11 D:8 L:3

Lia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Striking Scorpions infiltrate, not deep strike.

Wave serpents are always good.

I do have a sweet spot for swooping Hawks this being said, they work great as harassers and emergency tank busters (not to mention anti-infantry pie plate droppers.).

What kind of Autarch you have tho? Firespiders work pretty wellwith a med strenght warp spider squad, but that might be just me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

I do not have shining spears, i was considering buying them, this isnt an army list, this is a list of models I own.

And if you are asking what kind of autarch i have in terms of model, i have the limited edition one from the army box set, and if you were asking what he was fitted with, since this isnt an army list, nothing, but i usually give him a power weapon, mandiblasters and a fusion gun or pistol. He usually is on foot in a transport with something, i am cosidering a jetbike if i got a more mechanized army.

I do need more wave serpeants, thats for sure. Although I am curious to what to put in them, i just triede a farseer n counsel today for the first time, there pretty time, but wasnt extremely impressed. I had better results with a farseer with the banshees. I know im not gonna buy like 5 wave serpeants though. I have spent tons of money as it is haha.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

how was the seer council fitted, how many warlocks and what powers?....i ask because in my last game i used them, they won me the game. But it was a full council with 10 warlocks, 8 destructors, 1 enhance 1 embolden, farseer had doom and fortune.

First unit i shot at had to save 37 wounds

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

253 (x7)

well i juts used the models i own, 3 warlocks, enhance, embolden, doom. 2 spears, probably not gonna take em again.

+ Reply to Thread