ya...i got stomped - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya...i got stomped

played a game against the mighty crimson fists today and it went well...then not so well.

my army consisted of 60 sluggas (2 units of 30), 5 gitz, 3 mega nobz, mega armored warboss, 7 nobz, looted wagon, kommandos and 2 trukks

he had 20 tacticals split into combat squads of 5, land raider crusader, 5 termies, 10 sternguard, drop pod, dreadnaught, and pedro (crimson fist character)

the end result of the game

me- 12 ork boyz (3 of which were part of another unit), 2 trukks, 3 flash gitz, looted wagon

him- 1 marines, pedro, dreadnaught, crusader

he beat me by 1 kill point

my question is...how do i beat that crusader????? it wiped out the mega nobz and the warboss and crippled my ability to fight it with a good strength power klaw unit. it then proceeded to roam the map harrassing me but it was turn 6 and my orks were in the clear.

i know i lost by 1 kill point but that crusader just being there just brought me down....and it tauning my mega warboss and mega nobz by always moving backwards (yah he enjoyed making my megas run after them more than he enjoyed anythin else).

some good things though is the 60 boyz wiped out the sterns, alot of tacticals, and the drop pod with a mean missile pack...gitz killed 3 tacs and the kommando did squat...killed 1 tac...they had snik too...so that was weird

so far im considering alot of lootas, but i doubt that will kill a crusader and getting rid of the megas and using normal nobz with powerklaws since slow but purposeful is annoying....

Last edited by Cadian Guard; June 21st, 2009 at 03:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem you had with the land raider crusader is one every ork player has. There is not really anything that can act as reliable anti tank for armor 14 at range in the ork army.

I was thinking out how i would handle it and it really comes down to two ways.
    1st you could fire a lot of rockets at it. You cannot destroy it but you can destroy its weapons, immobilize or shake and stun it.

2ndly you could give your warboss a powerklaw making his strength high enough in close combat to ill the tank. Walkers such as killer kans and def dreds do the same thing. Tank busters are good with their tank hammers and even there tank buster bombs could do the job.

Btw he didn't stomp you because he only had 4 models left. It was more of a close game.
    "Never underestimate the value of doing nothing"
    -Winny the Pooh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

warboss did have a powerklaw because he is in mega armor which comes with it.
    Orks- 1/0/1
    Imperial Guard- 2/0/7(8)
    Empire- 0/1/5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are using mega nobz, you should at least give them a transport. That counters their slow speed. I also recommend to dump the flash gitz and take some more mega nobz. Killing a landraider with orks on range is almost impossible, your beter of avoiding it in the first place and kill all the normale marines. Though if you manage to get close with a power klaw, you can always try to hurt it, especialy if he has another unit close that you can charge too. In that way the boyz can kill marines and the klaw nob try to damage the land raider and even if it wasn't succesfull, you continue to kill the marines (if they haven't died the first round at least).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alrighty just for specifics here is the army i used

Mega Armored Warboss with 3x mega nobz in a trukk

30 sluggas lead by a nob with a powerklaw and bosspole

30 sluggas- same

looted wagon

7 nobz

5x flash gitz with shootier, dakka, blastier in a trukk

10x kommandos lead by Snikrot

it was a 1500 pt game

i actually liked how the flash gitz faired in the game. lost 2 of the gitz but they killed 3 marines in one round of shooting. I view the gitz as almost a essential since they have a 50/50 chance of negating the SM armor sv during the ap roll. also i run a themed army based on the deathskullz and gitz and lootas seemed to fit the "looted' look for the army...i just need to buy some lootas.

i could always dump the mega nobz, make my warboss a heavy armored one and stick him with the nobz and give the nobz power klaws and a WAAAGH banner. Then afterwards i can stick em in a battlewagon and use that instead of the trukk. would that help at all?

also im building it up to a 2000pts list so i have like 500 pts left to add right now.
    Orks- 1/0/1
    Imperial Guard- 2/0/7(8)
    Empire- 0/1/5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Haven't tried it yet, but Nob bikers with PKs are my new toy. throw in a painboy and you've got some tough cookies (albeit top of the range expensive ones).

They should be fast enough to get to the LR quickly and reslient enough to be alive long enough for a couple of hits on it. It'll certainly give your opponent something to think about. Okay, they can't kill it, but they can render it useless.

The forgeworld models are great. Got 3 more to paint up and I'm ready for action!
    -------------------
    Check out my Blog for my Biel-Tan Apocalypse progress

http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/blogs/daziel/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Daziel View Post
    Haven't tried it yet, but Nob bikers with PKs are my new toy. throw in a painboy and you've got some tough cookies (albeit top of the range expensive ones).

They should be fast enough to get to the LR quickly and reslient enough to be alive long enough for a couple of hits on it. It'll certainly give your opponent something to think about. Okay, they can't kill it, but they can render it useless.

The forgeworld models are great. Got 3 more to paint up and I'm ready for action!
    I've been using some converted nob bikers with a warboss biker and I have to say they're my favourite unit from any army ever! I use a 7 man/ork squad with 3 pks, waaagh banner, painboy, bosspole and one combi-skorcha, all the nobs have cybork bodies as well. Most people will focus entirely on killing this one unit and still fail to do so. The shooting they can do before they charge is insane as well. 24 twin linked shots kills quite a bit. Once they killed a bloodthirster with shooting before getting to charge it, my opponent was not impressed as the demon had only just arrived on the board .
    My blog - http://wingsofsanguinius.blogspot.com
    Been here nearly 10 years and still haven't managed 500 posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use normal nob squads in trukks, with a couple power klaws to take care of armour. With two squads of nobs (meganobz are just plain expensive plus slow..) you'll get stuff in there.
    Also don't forget you can assault more than one unit with a squad - spread the hate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive got to recommend lootas...they for me at least are brilliant for holding objectives and with there long range shooting, I believe i grabbed 15 of them last game.

But Il agree with what was previously said about tankbustas with the hammer and bomb squig believe it or not.

In addition giving mega nobz a transport is always a neccesity simply cuz of there slow movement.

I dont mind battle wagons, but trucks are usually what I use for them for obvious reasons.

I never tried using both mega armoured nobz and regular ones in the same game tho...that could be interesting..Im usually attracted to the prospect of more boyz
    A feral Ork is a happy Ork.

+ Reply to Thread