What do you do? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you do?

I played in a tournament yesterday and as my Karma would dictate I pulled the one opponent that I couldn't play.

Here is the deal 1850 pt game. I played a Black Templar player who had his entire force being taxied around in 5 Land Raiders with Blessed Hulls. I was playing my normal list of 8 Raiders (3 wyche squads, 5 Raider Squads) and 3 Ravagers (dissies).

I spent the entire game turbo boosting 24" a turn more or less to try to contest objectives. By the end of the game I denied him all of the objectives but he managed to complete 2 other goals of the game (kill most expensive squad, and most kill points). The only thing I did the whole game was knock one multi-melta off one Land Raider.

What would you have done facing this guy?

Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls.
    These are some of my favourite things.
    - Dracon Borkor

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played in a 1500 point game with only one LR with BH. The advice was to saturate the LR with DL shots. The problem is destroying one LR per turn. So either get lucky or do exactly as you have done.
    Help the kin TAKE your soul, I mean, take your soul...
    I play Vassal. I'm in V40K Open Ladder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I would have done the same, nothing else we can do. Should be close combat with a grenade or a agonsier but thats hard if he is moving too with his LR. Sounds like a boring game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea it was pretty bad. Seeing as you can not destroy a Land Raider with just glancing hits, I only took the time to shoot at him a couple times. I had 3 Aggies in the army, but I didn't want to deal with the wyches getting shot up and I didn't have any Haywire grenades at all. Why would I need them with 10 Dark Lances and 3 Blasters.
    - Dracon Borkor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Those LRs must have cost like 1500 points, if you just spammed DLs and made them useless immobilised boxes with no guns that are stunned his 350 points worth of footsoldiers would be delicious.

Lia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

1450 in fact. ((265+25)*5)

Not much most anyone can do against that really.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Alethe View Post

Here is the deal 1850 pt game. I played a Black Templar player who had his entire force being taxied around in 5 Land Raiders with Blessed Hulls
    No rules for the Black Templars on me at the moment but isn’t the Land Raider classed as heavy support only and if that’s correct then how could your opponent take 5 of them in a normal force organization chart?

But disregarding that how did the sportsmanship score go for him?
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    No rules for the Black Templars on me at the moment but isn’t the Land Raider classed as heavy support only and if that’s correct then how could your opponent take 5 of them in a normal force organization chart?

But disregarding that how did the sportsmanship score go for him?
    Well Wicky, believe it or not, I gave him a fairly high score on sportsmanship. He was a great guy and we had a good time cutting up even though it was a useless game for me to play. At one point when I was refusing to play him, he offered to play without the Blessed Hulls but I told him that I wouldn't have it. He brought that army list to play everyone with and it just happened to shut me down. He had no clue he was going to play an Eldar army before he spent over 100 points on those upgrades so he should, by all fairness, keep them. He told me that he always uses Blessed Hulls because on of his first games he ever played an Eldar player hurt him bad, so ever sense then he always takes the upgrades. He has been taking them on every army for a few years and I was the first Eldar player he has played in that time.

Oh, and Black Templar can take Land Raiders as dedicated transports for their Cusader squads, thats how he had 5 of them.
    - Dracon Borkor

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Doesn’t army composition belong in the sportsmanship score? 5 of these really is abuse.

But I wasn’t sure if they were dedicated transports or heavy support or not so 5 it is, and ‘Blessed Hulls’ disregard the Lance rule of treating armour values over 12 as 12 if my memory serves me correctly. Ouch!
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

That has got to be the cheesiest army list I have ever seen, and I'm not one to yell cheese at all. As a fellow BT player, I would never dream of creating such an army. With an army of LRCs, it's only sportsmanlike to leave out the Blessed Hull IMO.

I guess my point is that players should not create a situation where the opponent has absolutely no chance (and no fun), even though the rules permit it.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast