Combined Force question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combined Force question

Hello

I am a IG player who recently played against Nec's for the first time. However, it was a combined game. He played with orks and they had 1000 points each. However this made the Phase out rule seem kind of unfair. Since we could have eliminated half of their army quickly and we had time and points to dedicate to killing necrons he had to hide. I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent way around this problem.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

In a game like that which is obviously friendly you can just choose to ignore the phase out rule, after all the game is supposed to be fun!

In the past I've played apocalypse games with 6 players a side, the necron players got to ignore phase out since 2-3 destroyer blasts would get him to phase out in one turn.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea that was our original thought but we were concerned that it might then make the "We'll be back rule" more powerful than it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

At 500 points Necrons get so little to work with that We'll be back" is hardly an advantage against a 1k army. I'd try without it, then maybe if that doesn't work so hot, discuss other options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the next couple of days or so, i will be playing 2 v 2 mega battle and it will be guard/necron v guard/eldar. it will be 2000 pts per army, which should make things pretty interesting, not to mention that the guard players will be using the new codex, which is all sorts of wrong for necrons.

but should the Phase Out rule still be in affect for a game at this scale?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think as the game gets bigger it becomes a lot more balanced.

But one thing I will say about your game is watch out for Marbo. He comes on the board anywhere as long as its more than 1'' away from your guys and has a large blast that pierces and insta kills a lot of stuff. I took out 8 warriors on the weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in a sense that is true, except for the necrons (imo) especially against tau and ig. more points mean more tanks. its even worse against the orks. a mob of 20 pulling off an assault + charge gives them over 100 attacks.

when we play the mega battle, i am going to sit back and cherry pick once the guard are done blowing the hell out of each other

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Obahai View Post
    in the next couple of days or so, i will be playing 2 v 2 mega battle and it will be guard/necron v guard/eldar. it will be 2000 pts per army, which should make things pretty interesting, not to mention that the guard players will be using the new codex, which is all sorts of wrong for necrons.

but should the Phase Out rule still be in affect for a game at this scale?
    You could find all sorts of fluffy reasons not to use phase out for a game like this. IE their fighting on a tomb world? BUT, with phase out in effect, you hide some warriors, and while the guard eldar is busy trying to phase you out, your guard ally can pound them into submission.

And I haven't really had any troubles with the new guard codex vs my necrons. Save for them outflanking half of their army right into my ranks. I've actualy done better against them with the new rules. Though, haven't gone against a punisher yet.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

+ Reply to Thread