Wot's da Stompiest in: Fast Attack - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wot's da Stompiest in: Fast Attack

I've been wondering what the best unit in fast attack. Stormboyz are an obivous choice but Warbikers are seeming pretty good with the dakkaguns. Dethkoptas seem to be pretty good without the bigbomm but better with it. Do you think that I should add the Buzzsaw? Warbuggies are. . . good I guess, what do you think about them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warbuggies are the most cost efektiv unit in fast attack. For only 105pts you get three warbuggies with twin-linked rokkitz. Witch is better than having BS3. So I would recomend them if you play speedfreaks caus they are good fire suport and the can help you screan your trukks or BWs. You could use them in footslogging to but I feel it works better with speedfreaks.

Stormboys is alot of fun to play with. They have a possible charge on 24"(movement+charge) witch can supprise you opponent. I use them inmy footslogging army were I put two units of stormboys in the middle of five units of boys. This way they get 4+ coversave then when the moment is come the break free and strike the weakend opponent. Never show you stormboys to early and if you do be sure to have cover to hide them.

Warbikes I can't say much about cause I have never played with them. But on paper they look good and seem to be fun to use.

Deffkoptas you can use in two ways Contester/Speedbump and Tankhunters. Contester is whene you have big shootas on them and outflank with them. You shoot at smaler targets that your big shootas can handle. Then in turn five you turbo-boost 24" to an objektive and contest it. If you dont have objektives you just shoot with them maby charge to slow you enemy down and prevent them from shooting.
    Tankhunters is when you gave them rookits and go out and pop some tanks.
    Buzzsaw is rubbish never take it. Same cost as power klaw and you only get S6. Dont take bigboo it cost to many points.

I would say all work great it is up to you the way you wanna play. And to add Deffkoptas work best in footslogging.

Hope I could help you and some one else can help you with warbikes.

Warlord Zaktoznaz
    Waaagh!! Zaktoznaz!!
    W/D/L
    3/1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

3 Warbuggies with rokkits. That's the stompiest of them, and most cost effective too. Everything else in fast attack is useful, but only in certain armies.

Stormboyz are a good counter-assault unit, and are more or less guaranteed to get a second turn assault, as long as they're alive, but they tend to be prime targets for the enemy, often resulting in their quick deaths, and they're not troop units, so they can't score. All in all, they're a good addition for a speed freaks army, to help balance the odds against an opponent filled with anti-armor shooting, and they can help in a horde army too, to counter-assault and/or tie up the enemy while your forces march up the board. In either case, I'd only use them in larger games, where there are points to spare, and I'd use 15-20 of them in a unit.

Warbikes are a very solid choice, but they have to be kept small and expendable. In most cases, they're going to die no matter what, but they always seem to earn their points back before going. 5-6 with a nob, powerklaw and bosspole is a great versatile unit that's fast, and can take out both infantry and armor.

Deffkoptas get a lot of flack, but I think they work great, as long as you keep them cheap, give them either rokkits or big shootas (and no other upgrades), and always outflank with them. In speed freaks armies I'm more likely to use rokkit buggies and/or bikes, but deffkoptas work great in horde armies, and can deal with enemy troops, armor, and can easily contest objectives.

Well, there you go. So there are no slouches in fast attack, but they aren't exactly 'vital' either. Still, there's enough room for at least one fast attack unit in any Ork army you play.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I pretty much only use Deffkoptas w/ twined rokkits (that's because i dont have anything else ). I'm wondering if i should make one buzzsaw a part of each sqaud (i currently run 3 squads of 5, although i might make them smaller squads), S7 attacks to the rear armor of tanks, or is it really just not worth it??

I play Apoc mostly though so i face a lot of armor....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might get the Big bomm to handle Nid swarms, and Maybe Warbuggies . . . But I think that Warbikers are a better choice becasue of the Nob choice over Warbuggies. I already have Deffkoptas (Assault on Black Reach) and these Deffkoptas make great tank (or other threatening units/venicle) hunters. So I think I will stick with Deffkoptas with Rokkit Launchers and maybe the occasional big bomm, and maybe I might get some Warbikers latter on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

i like the deffkoptas with rokkit launchas and a few with big bombs.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

I prefer deffkoptas primarily as a distraction, or HH Assist unit.

Scout them before T1 then boost them up the enemies flank just outside of my opponents charge range.
    My opponent typically sends something after them and weakens his lines.
    Or
    Spend the next 2 turns blasting anything within range.
    Then move in the assist a truck mob in HH and try to Trap his units.

Especially as the models seem larger than warbikes and can move up the field so quickly, they always draw more attention than they warrant.

But I have to try out a Rocket buggy unit, everyone keeps raving about them..
    #25 - Relation to the original topic decreases with every single post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm not one for saving points but stormies and zagstuk work well for annahilation of basically any enemy squad and then just die or get into more crazy fights

Defkoptas are okay but real annoy me when they get instant killed by assualt (even with a buzzsaw they get owned by my 20 man [combined] guard squad in cc) and strong weapons.

Warbuggies are preety good basically as good as stormboyz squads.

Warbikers are only really effective when you turbo boost and get into combat real darn quick.

cheers

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

I've only really tried deffkoptas once, so I can't comment on them.

Stormboyz are good, but trukkboyz are more cost-effective and can hold objectives.

Bikers are a pretty good support unit. They can turn a close combat around, and have great short range firepower.

I personally love skorchas with all-terrain mods. They're strictly anti-infantry, and orks need AT, hence most replies in favor of rokkit buggies. But those guys can wipe over 5 marines per turn, and will anihilate anything with sv4+ or worse. Great distraction unit.
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast