Brother And His Dirty Tau! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So my bros gonna play tau and he wants a Kroot/Tau mix army he likes em both. So basicly I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips or ideas on tau, army list ideas, etc... that I could pass on to him. Thanks all.

O and what would you rate the difficulty of painting tau on 1-10 cause there modles look hard!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Valhallan@Aug 16 2004, 17:10
    O and what would you rate the difficulty of painting tau on 1-10 cause there modles look hard!
    [snapback]198533[/snapback]
    I would rate the Fire Warriors a 3- 4 on difficulty, since all you need to do is make sure the plates are smooth and use inks on the cloth. Whereas the Kroot are tougher, probably a 6- 7, since you want to make the skin colours to be gradual and there are much more details. A major part of painting the Tau also are hilighting the edges of the armour.

Hope that helps...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rate Firewarriors 2-3 and kroot 7-8. For the kroot they have Lots of mixing of colours and much more details than Firewarriors.
    Hi.............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really depends how you want to go in terms of painting. I can't speak to kroot (I don't use them) but as far as firewarriors go, you can get really detailed and make them look excellent or you can go pretty easy and still have them turn out nicely, they're a nice model in that you can really decide how much effort you want to put and still come out with a good looking guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I just started to work on my first batch of Fire warriors.So far they're pretty easy to paint,there's a lot of large spaces on thier armour,sorta like space marines.I'm not bothering with Kroot because I simply don't like them,I'll just have to make sure I never let anybody get close enough to harm my midgets...er i mean my Tau.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWs really aren't that bad. I'd say 2-3. They're really easy to learn highlighting on because all the edges that need to be highlighted are very pronounced.

Kroot are a bit trickier, and I've never actually painted one because my list just doesnt call for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i think kroot are quite easy. almost as easy as a FW. for a good green color i would say paint their skin with goblin green and go over it with green ink. kroot are really easy to dry brush to so you could also paint it scale green then dry brush it goblin green. but then again my kroot are green skined but thats because they eat orks
    i would give both a 3 rating for painting.

as for tips...

kroot hounds are really good when combined with kroot troops have him take 15 or lower kroot with 3-5 kroot hounds. the gorilla like kroot are not worth it 'cause you will spend more time moving or in CC to use them with.

and as for tau i would say feild 2-3 full squads of fire warriors, at least 6 crisis suits, 3 stealth suits and 2-3 broadsides. just as a start.

the starter box will give you 3 crisis suits, a full squad of fire warriors and a dozen kroot allong with 8 or so gun drones.
    If you charge a bunker and die, its called being reckless, but if you charge the bunker and win, it's heroic!

Closed Thread