Loss of interest... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loss of interest...

My brother is an ork player who used to really enjoy warhammer 40k. Now he seems to really not care, and never plays anymore. I'd hate for the $100+ I spent on his army going to waste, and I'd really prefer not to lose someone I could play against any time. Is there any way I could get him interested again? Perhaps some new model, or starting to play Apocalypse or Planetstrike? I know this is an unusual subject, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you shouldn't need to go to the expansions.

without knowing what he has already it'd be hard to make a suggestion.

if you don't have a wierdboy they're worth having - if you use him as old zogwort. Worth his weight in gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played planetstrike at my local GW preview session, and its amazingly good fun. It managed to get me hooked into the game, so Im sure it can work with other people. I will admit however, it was played as a 4 v 4, and next week we are going for an 8 v 8, so its probably better to get a group of people together to play.

Best thing to do, is just ask if he wants a game. If not, you could always say, well then you might aswell sell your stuff, as a shock tactic, to try and push him into a game. Im sure once he gets back into the game, he will self hook himself.

I play with my cousin, and we are both new, so the game is still a novelty, but we have joined the local GW veterans group to learn and play with/against others. Maybe this is another problem, do you only play each other? It must have an effect, only playin the same people constantly. Maybe you should mix it up and see if you can get anyone else (another family member/friend) involved, or if your near a Warhamer Game group join them??

Sorry that my inexperience in Warhammer cant really help you, but I play alot of team sports, and I know what its like when team mates give up, and how hard it is to get them back into it.
    Orc Army 40k. Wins 5 -2 Losses. Loss vs Chaos Marines.
    Currently Collecting Dwarves WFB. Time to get my Beard on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

WHenever i start to loose interest, i turn to the other facets of the game. There's always the great conversion work you can try, or buffing out your painting skills. Better yet, buy him a 40k novel from the black library! Amazing 8$ books that really bring the game to life. (i suggest Dan abnett as the author )
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid question. New army or switch System (eg. Both ^^). My interest in Orks has dulled as of late, now going on to do a Fantasy Vampire Counts (Zombie Horde!) army. Poke some new armies under his nose, if that doesn't work, give Fantasy a shot!
    "Show 'em the gunline, Boss"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to recommend what snotlingfinder said also, if he's just getting bored with the style or orks have him either try to switch up there style of play (i.e. speed freaks, to horde, shooty to all melee, etc) or better yet have him try to learn a new army! I know it sucks saying stray away from the orks, but as any game playing a repetitive thing gets boring! See if a more challening army would keep him interested as he would need to learn new strategies, develop a new style of play, and really learn about his new army to excell. Plus maybe a few lossess with a new army to his brother would upset him enough to get back into the game i sure know it would bother me!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

If he enjoys reading, a good 40k book is always great fun! They're just too epic not to enjoy

Hell! Buy him a book anyways, you might get him hooked on reading
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    Better yet, buy him a 40k novel from the black library! Amazing 8$ books that really bring the game to life. (i suggest Dan abnett as the author )

This.
    Black Library can make anyone want to play 40k!

+ Reply to Thread