Eldar planet fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar planet fluff

So ive recently been starting eldar and really wanted do develop out the fluff and story of my army rather than all my others which have no story of their own and take their sceme from the front of the box.

The thing is, i really like the idea of them on a planet rather than a craft world for some reason,it just seems like it would be easier to draw out their history and a theme for the army, but im not a big fan of the whole dinosaur exodite idea. (I like tanks )

My question is, is the any fluff out there about planatery eldar or did they all just forsake it after the fall.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

there was in 3`rd ed codex (i think if i remember well and can`t be moved to actually search for those codexes) written that craftworlds established colonies. so if you do not like eldars on cold one`s you need to make a colony fluff. Or make a exodite world which reverted to technology ways of the old times, even with the danger of corruption (which can be made in army colours more diversified more close to a chaos slaneesh tainted army).
    Last edited by niraco; June 25th, 2009 at 22:24.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about a colony that was developed shortly after the fall by a craftworld desprate to rebuild the old eldar empire. The colony has long since been forsaken as far to lenient on its interpretation of the warrior path and doomed to be destroyed in the end. It has developed an entity and culture of its own while sticking loosly to basic eldar core befliefs. Over the years they have become and enraged at continual the decline of their once powerfull race. Why is it that there obviously superior race must decline while the likes of humans and tau are on the up and coming. It is clear to them that the only way for them to prosper is for everything elso to fall. And so they have become bloodthirsty, constantly feeding their avatar with sacrifices so that it may lead them on a never ending purge of the galaxy.

Maybe they are corruppted by chaos, makeing them angry and clouding their vision. Or maybe they are just thourally pissed. And to be honest, who can blame them?

I am currently very bored and came up with this off the top of my head so it definatly needs work, but what of it for a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds nice. But if they are corrupted by chaos they would have been eradicated by the other craftworlds before they even got the chance of colonising a planet. And eldar dont make any unneccesary sacrifices because of thier low population.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Asurmen, it is a very big galaxy. It is more than possible that they fell to chaos after they made the colony. But what about the parent craftworld I hear you say? It could have been destroyed. Maybe it has been so long it actually forgot about the colony. Perhaps it was a colony before the fall, and they just continued their ways. To say there is no way that they could establish themselves in the galaxy is naive. The galaxy is just to big of a place, with to many places to hide.

To CultofNurgle, sounds like you got a good idea started. Keep working with it and see where it takes you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Ill work on it somemore, and I need to figure what kind of planet it is and the sceme for the army.
    Lizardmen: 9/3/1
    Death Gaurd: 6/6/2
    Warriors of Chaos 3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CultofNurgle View Post
    Thanks for the advice everyone.

Ill work on it somemore, and I need to figure what kind of planet it is and the sceme for the army.
    They could be a new colony, reestablishing nature and culture after Orks razed an imperial planet. That somehow always struck me as something Eldar would do; they got kicked of planet Z 9000 years ago, but they now see a chance to re-virginizing (great word!) a Hive world, destroying structures, sowing plantlife.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

It is possible, most Eldar abandoned the planets or died when the Fall happened, but it is possible that an Exodite world might have reverted to technological ways or perhaps one of the craftworlds was destroyed and the survivors moved to a planet.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is also the possibility of a craftworld making a colony on the first steps of the reformation of the Eldar Empire. That could be an interesting line to follow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zema, thats the sort of idea i was trying to get at. The eldar going around and trying to return things to the way they were before the fall, and if that means razing a few hiveworlds in the process so be it.
    Lizardmen: 9/3/1
    Death Gaurd: 6/6/2
    Warriors of Chaos 3/1/1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast