Noob Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noob Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob Question

i am near completion of my crimson fist army and decided to join the rank of the xenos the race i chose was of course was the eldar so to get to the point other than a battle force wher else should i start with the eldar.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

1. Don't start with the battle force, for some reason they give you 5 Dire Avengers, and every serious list fields them in units of 10 (other than the battle force you can only buy them in units of 10).

2. Decide on how you're going to play, Eldar are pretty broad in what they do, but no army can do everything. This might tie in with one of the major craftworlds, and their style, or you might want to combine them and invent your own craftworld.

Do you like fast (Saim-Hann), super-elite (Biel-Tan), uber psyker (Ulthwe) etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love eldrad but just adore banshees and scorpions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

I'm guessing you have never seen the tank spam armies, 5 DA are the cheapest troop eldar have. Put them in a falcon and they act like a expensive upgrade that makes the falcon scoring, or just throw in min DA squads in waveserpents. It is very possible to fit in 9 or even 10 tanks at 2k and it can really overwhelm an enemy. I don't really like the idea of min size squads but it can be effective.

I do agree with spiney that deciding what you want to try with eldar first before buying will decide if the battleforce is worthwhile.

Personally I think the battle force is a good start, if you can get two it becomes much better. you end up with the full DA squad 20 guardians ( most people hate them but they keep working for me ) 2 warwalkers and 2 transports. Add to it a HQ (farseer is my preference) an Aspect (firedragons or banshees are my preference) and you have good selection of models and a balanced overall list. In the end though the battleforce won't help you out alot if you don't plan on using the units it provides.

If you decide you want to try out a jetbike army/unit I would recommend the windrider warhost set, getting hard to find but an amazing value.

+ Reply to Thread