Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I'm trying to make an anti-marine army, and alongside my usual choices I find myself adding plasma rifles to every unit possible.
I cam to my elites choices, and found myself looking at a squad of 3 twin plasma XV8's.
Now when thinking of a their point, I cant think of what to put. Do I go for the TA to boost their already ample hit rating, or go for missile pods to take down rhinos at range?
Some other info:
My hq has 3 plasma rifles and 3 fusion blaster. They also have 3 Markerlights.
My second Hq has 2 TL-fusions and 2 Missile pods.
I have a team of 2 Deathrain-4's
I have an IonHead, Skyray and 2 XV88's.
I have a small squad of pathrinders.
So any thoughts? Missile pods? More Plasma Rifles? Flamers?
1. I prefer the plasma rifle/ missile pod/ multi-tracker ( HW or not ) combo. I have the weapons for most target types, plus my suits can fire both in the same turn.
2. Besides stealth suits, there's just no reason ( for me ) to take fusion blasters. Sure there S8 is wonderful, but to short a range for crisis suits to operate safely. Even if you J-S-J, you rarely find good cover so close to your opponent's line. Even if you manage to stay outta range of his/her FA troops, you still in range of anti-tank weapons.
3. If you take Deathrain config, make the team a full 3 suits. Also give them a targeting array.
4. Since you have broadsides, the ion cannon is a good choice.
5. For your pathfinders, how small is small? As a rule of thumb, my team equals the number of choices which can benefit from MLs.
Also, try this guide :
Cheers for the imput. I've found that fireknives arnt really my cup of tea, but I'll give them a bash for a game or two.
Also the Deathrain-4's could do with an extra suit. I'm not a fan of the TA though, seems like a waste of points.
The pathfinders are only 5 strong, but anymore seems like a waste with the amount of ML's I already have.
You have to be the first person who claims targeting arrays to be a waste of points. I'd take a BS4 over a BS3 any day, since Tau are a "shooty" force. Just don't let Riki hear you ;}
A team of 5 pathfinders is fine, I'm just not into all those MLs your force has. Markerlights and networked markerlights work quite differently, though you probably already knew that. I'd take the drones and leave the "heavy weapons" at home. Your teams can now fire at what their markerlight hits.
I'd take 1 MD and 1 GD for your FW teams.
Just my opinions.
Last edited by MaleOpener; June 29th, 2009 at 04:12. Reason: spelling
I like that Idea. Always wondered how the MD for the FW team would work!
Also, I didnt mean they were a waste of points, just that since the MP are twin linked, it usually saves me with the re-roll.