Army help for tournament! 1500 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Army help for tournament! 1500 pts

hi there to all 'nids players!, in a few days i have a tournament and i seeking your wisdom, also i have a certain quantity of 'nids.
    here is what ive got since i started 2 months ago:

4carnifex
    9 warriors
    72 gaunts
    24 genestealers
    1 Hive tyrant
    1 Brood Lord

i could buy a assault brood recently wich im very happy right now, but i dont know what to put. I like the army a little balanced, i like very much the shooting phase, and with some assault.

Some Recommendations please!

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I don't know what those Carnifexes, Tyranid warriors have in the way of biomorphs or the Hive tyrant. Could you tell us what they have. How they will work and what you should take depends on their bio-weapons and biomorphs. I think you can use a Broodlord. The Broodlord is fairly cheap and very nasty. He can outflank which will make him useful against the many different armies you will meet at the tournament. Genestealers are good in broods of their own too. Use Gaunts to provide cover for the Genestealers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your anwser, i was thinking in a list with a lot of outflanking (lots of genestealers with scuttlers), with a hive tyrant with 2 twin-linked devourers, with a sniperfex, ninjafex,dakkafex, and i dont know what to put in the fourth carnifex.
    the broodlord is a must in my list, i love this one with my 5 retuine genestealer with carapace and feeder tendrils.

do you reccomend a outflank army?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd second that broodlord motion. And yes, outflank him. Not a fan of wholly outflanking armies though, only the broodlord, and if you feel lucky, another genestealer brood.

Just from seeing outflank used in games, it is useful to put the fear into your opponent. If they set up avoiding the edges, then you can blast away at a compacted force, if they place near edges, all the better for your outflankers. I guess its a case of putting all your eggs in one basket, really.
    If Google were a woman...I would so marry her.

+ Reply to Thread