Carnifex madness!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carnifex madness!!

I made a attempt at making a a 1750pts list for a upcoming tournament the other day, I was really tirred at the time and I guess It was a bit sloppy. So after thinking a bit I decided to change it up, now for my questions:

1. I have one dakka fex as of now, and I have one un uilt + I decided to grab a third. My problem is as it stands right now I have warriors and a lictor taking up the spaces in elite.
    If it was you how would you build the remaining two? was originaly thinking of doing 1 boomfex and one sniperfex, but then Id have to drop the lictor which I really wanted to keep for support of my cc flyrant.

2. what do you guys use for backing up your cc flyrant? Is flying or leaping warriors ok? I personaly think the winged gets very expensive..

3. Lictors, was thinking of getting a second to make better use of the elite slot, but would that be redundant?

Thank you all for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think a Boomfex is a Carnifex with a barbed strangler and scything talons for use in elites. You will find a Boomfex more useful than a Lictor if you have to choose between the two I suggest you take the Boomfex. The Boomfex is also not that much more expensive than a Lictor, I think Lictors cost too much points. A Dakkafex will at most cost 34 more points. The range of the Boomfex's gun will help out the Hive tyrant as it is a big distraction for your enemy. The Lictor won't show up by using it's deepstrike any sooner than the Boomfex starts firing on your enemy. So both can help out a Flytyrant. A Boomfex will also do far more damage and not just be a distraction, a distraction is often all a Lictor is.

You should think that if you are running out of space in elites that Tyranid warriors can be used as HQ. That is if you have a spare HQ slot for them. Tyranid warriors work best with smaller bugs to boss about. If you aren't using Gaunts or Hormagaunts you could use Genestealers instead of the assault focused Warriors. I think that leaping will help your Warriors speed up and they can take extended carapace for protection. Winged is fun but so expensive it is hard to get your points worth out of the Warriors that have them. They also can't get extended carapace so if the destroy a unit they will be out in the open ahead of your main force and promptly shot to pieces. Use Winged Warriors for fun but if you're really set on victory over play you will find them hard to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the sound advice Leech!

I understand that the Lictor would not be the best spent points, but I love the fluff/model so I haven't been able to convince myself to drop it from list yet, besides I think the psychological effect can be worth something especially in conjunction with my flanking steelers I plan to use.

The other Hq slot is taken by a Brood lord with a small elite retuine. By the way do most of you guys like to infiltrate him or would it be safer to bring him in from the flank?

I built one of the carnifexes last night (gunfex), and was initially set on making a second just like it, due to the fact I expect quite a lot of IG, tau etc so might need it for the tanks. But due to the fact that I lack large numbers of gaunts (currently have 2boxes) I have been toying with the idea to make a somewhat cheap but durable CC fex and just ram it down the center to help give cover to the steelers. Between him, the flyrant and the boodlord with gang, this should give the oponent something to worry about with possible flankers showing up. My only concerne is that I would only have 1 dakka fex, 1 gun fex and 5 warriors to lay down fire. I also noticed that many people advice against using only one cc fex.
    Thanks again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by poksmot View Post
    I understand that the Lictor would not be the best spent points, but I love the fluff/model so I haven't been able to convince myself to drop it from list yet, besides I think the psychological effect can be worth something especially in conjunction with my flanking steelers I plan to use.
    Remember the psychological effect of the Lictor popping up can be achieved with Spore mine clusters in fast attack. This works especially well if your opponent doesnot know if it's Lictors, Spore mines or both. Though if you're against Tau and Guard a Lictor will wreak havoc if it gets into the right places such as behind a tank or attacks Broadsides, their weakling HQ units that die instant death from a Lictor's strength.

+ Reply to Thread