death or glory - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: death or glory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

death or glory

Do you get a WBB on a failed death or glory if you are holding a res orb and phylactery?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

The way the codex is worded, it sounds like you would get WBB, even without the Res-Orb or Phylactery. As the Death or Glory states the model is removed from play if it fails to destroy the vehicles. We'll Be Back, states that it will come into effect any time a model is brought to zero wounds or otherwise removed from play, and only negated by armor-ignoring close combat weapons or double toughness shooting. Neither of which Death or Glory fit into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I'm sure that I read about this somewhere, I thought it was in the official GW Necron FAQs, but when I just looked, couldn't find it, so now I have no idea where I saw this, or if I dreamed it, but oh well.

According to _________(something official(sounding) I'm sure of that much) no Necron ever gets WBB after failing a Death or Glory.

(I think it also said something about this being because the Death or Glory section says "Remove the model from the board instantly, no rolls of any kind to try and save them", making a difference between "Dead"(with WBB ) and "Gone"(Without).

Of course, now I'm doubting whether this ever existed, and my own sanity for thinking that I saw it, but now can't find it again...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

Yeah I thought death or glory had a caption in there saying, removed from table. and something like "Nothing can save it, even a special rule, blah blah blah".
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah Ha! I found it!
    It's in the Necron Codex itself (who'd think of looking there? )
    Necrons destroyed after due to a failed 'Death or Glory' attack may not be repaired by any means

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

*Facepalms* Of course it is.... good call folks. and thanks for the quote Adalias.

+ Reply to Thread