Starting up - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting up

hi i was wondering as i was thinking of starting an eldar army (you may of seen me ask about fantasy armies but the call of 40k was too strong along with how cool i actuallly thought the eldar looked) if it mattered as to what craftworld the eldar are from as in will it restrict certain troop choices or whatever or is it simply what colour the guardians are painted. also am i right in thinking that the aspect warriors have there own scheme or would they be painted in the same scheme as the guardians

oh and the craftworld im thinking of choosing is Il-Kaithe so if there is troop restrictions or whatever then would it be a suitable craftworld
    Il-Kaithe - Lexicanum

apologies if the question is nooby but i just figured i should find out a bit more before i started deciding what i wanted from the eldar. thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are no longer any form of restrictions with chosing a craftworld, it's just simply a colour scheme. You might like to be faithful to the background stories when building a craftworld army, for example, having an all skimmer saim hann force, but now there is nothing stopping you from including eldrad (ulthwe character) or yriel (iyanden character) with them, or with any craftworld by that matter. Maybe in the future they'd create some special rules for craftworlds again, but sadly for now that doesn't exist.

With regards to aspect warriors, most people tend to paint them in their traditional colour scheme, but that doesn't mean you have to. Personally i prefer painting them uniform to the rest of my army, but either way it doesn't make a difference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so essentially its just preference as to what colour scheme you like as to how they are painted and the aspects and units can be tailored no matter which craftworld is chosen but obviously it would be better to stay to the original. well thanks for your help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to 40K.

Yeah craftworlds are for aesthetic and fluff purposes only now, you can by choice customize your army to fit more tightly with your craftworld but it does not limit you.

As for colours, the aspect warriors usually stay the same or similar to their traditional colour schemes. A lot of people like to put the colour scheme they have for their army in there as well, just to match them and make them fit a bit better into their army.

Oh, and Il-Kaithe is not a very limited craftworld due to their nature (use of bonesingers does not affect a fighting force) but perhaps you would want to take more wraithbone models to represent their mastery, but that starts to drift you more towards Iyanden.
    Last edited by decoinferno; July 3rd, 2009 at 14:08.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

il-kaithe is as i see a combination between Iyanden and Ulthwe and even Saim Hann.

Bonesingers= dedicated to grow and maintain wraithbone in any different way from ships to tanks and wraithguard/wraithlords

So you have a mechanized elite army with some Wraithlords/wraithguard as flavour and leaded by a seer council

Start from here and build you army according to fluff. Even if you do not have gaming restrictions in tournaments, in friendly games a fluffy army is ussual more fun both for you and for your adversary.
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

+ Reply to Thread