Welcome to Librarium Online!
first the story: a friend has always been telling me how much crons dont need the new codex, that they are already too powerful (he plays basic sm) i kept trying to tell him how we get annihilated in cc... well we switched places and tonight i showed him how to easy it is to kill us when ye play right. making him phase out, and him only killing a single tac squad... i love my crons but i had to show my friend how hard they are to play. i made him phase out and he killed a single tac squad.
a question came up in the game that was debated after words... can crons be ported by the lith OUT of cc. as in, if they are engaged, can they be taken out of cc with the monoliths portal? i couldnt find anything in the codex to say they could... so, can they?
YES WE CAN!
Same goes for the VoD.
But the problem in 5th consists of that we usually get swept before getting the opportunity...
Its says it in the codex also
And yes I agree, I get whooped all the time. The closest to a win in 5th I've had was 2 draws. Reasons in my opinion:
> Gauss nerfed (which was our BIG leveller for vehicles)
> CC kills us even WORSE, even with 10 leadership we fall back like babies now! And with RUN and other things implemented in 5th, CC happens a TON now.
Other things that have always been tough, basic units are SLOW, our shooting range is 'fair' and our Ctan is overpriced. I've seen far DEADLIER stuff for 150pts...Although the Ctan are pretty much one of the FEW things that can make up their points imo now.
"There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
95% of the time, players will complain about an army being overpowered because they are not skilled enough or too lazy to come up with alternative tactics in order to beat said army. The other 5% of the time, it's codex creep. Since your friend is a Space Marines player (instead of, say, pure Grey Knights), he doesn't fall into the 5% category.
i knew we could but he fought me the entire time telling me that because vod says it can specifically tp out of cc, the monolith can't because IT doesn't specifically say it. his reasoning is "if it had to designate it for one, then the other one should also be specifically designated" where in the codex can i point this out?
the only place it would be under, the rules for the monolith
Ahem, Ahem:Originally Posted by Necron Codex Monolith Entry
woot!!! found it!! what screwed me up is that i was looking under the bullet point for the rules when the actual statement is in the "2" section of the lith!! ye know how the codex is set up... power matrix, 1. particle whip, 2. teleport, bullet- reserves, Bullet- tp ur own models. its in the actual tp section, not the models section
ur better off using vod 4 it tthough as ur lord can attack with staff of light then next turn leave!!!