Toxic Miasma vs Bio Plasma - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toxic Miasma vs Bio Plasma

Well, I'm finishing up my Tyranid army and I have just picked up three more carnifexes. I currently have a sniperfex and a CCW monster fex (+I, WS, S, ST, Claws, Tail, ect). I am mainly going for a assaulting army, with the intention of specializing in almost all assault bugs later on. So for my three carnifxes, I plan on making them all elite choices with two scything talons. At first I was going to go with the screamer-killer build, but a recent post seemed to state that toxic miasma was all around a better choice when paired with +WS. I am not a very versed player so I was wondering if someone can talk me through why toxic miasma is a more solid choice. From what I can tell, it really only has an impact if your opponent has WS of 4 or 5. Otherwise it doesnt do much. Is that true? Do a lot of armies have WS 4 and 5? Thanks a bunch for the help.

As a side question, do you guys model toxic miasma or bio plasma?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Most armies you face have WS4. BP adds an extra attack, but it doesn't ignore saves. Against MEQ (which is about half the armies out there) a ninjafex would deal 2.22 wounds when assaulted, and a screamer killer would deal 1.8 wounds when assaulted. The ninjafex gets even better when assaulting. The only time a screamer killer is better is against a monolith or against tanks moving more than 6". At all other times a ninjafex (AG+WS, TM, 2x Scy-tals) is better.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think on the Carnifex toxic miasma is better. Pair it with increased WS and you will hit Marines more easily. The bio plasma is ok but it will do less damage than the extra hit you get with your normal attacks. I would suggest maybe giving one of the elite Carnifexes you are building bio plasma. That will give you some variety. If you have three of them you can use some variety.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Question for you guys: how much success have you had with the ninjafex Phalanx was discribing? Do you find it gets shot up before it gets into battle? And what do you use it for (tank hunting, characters, mobs)?
    Applaud, my friend, the Comedy is finished.

Hive Fleet Charybdis (1-0-0) and Grey Brothers Space Wolf Chapter (3-1-2) [W-L-T]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    156 (x3)

In my personal experience, most melee fexes get one of three things:

1) ignored for most of the game.
    2) shot up before they get into melee
    3) setup by a more maneuverable enemy and destroyed in melee.

I guess if you have enough melee fexes, chances are one will eventually get into a fight. Running does help, but not so much if your playing an experienced player who knows how to handle them. So I guess I'm saying, I haven't had much success with melee fexes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I took either, I'd take toxic miasma, just makes it easier to hit opponents, and harder for them to hit you.
    Why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

My Ninja Fex gets option 1 or 2 done to it most of the time. I only have 1 CC Fex for my army as Close Combat is for my little bugs.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

+ Reply to Thread