Planet Strike Battle Reports - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Planet Strike Battle Reports

As I have a planet strike game coming up tommorrow, i think it'd be pretty fun to have a place to report the outcomes of the various planet strike strategies and failures. Since its a new format the more we can learn from eachother the faster we'll be able to become masters of this new battle. Anyway I think if you report be sure to include your opponents army, the strategems used, who attacked/defended, general strategy applied and the out come and major battle changing evens.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

All right, so i guess i'll be the first to report then. I just finished my first round of planetstrike and I had a blast. I got to defend and I thought that it might have been trouble but my forces more than held their own. So here's the run down fellas.

It was a 3000 point game with three objectives. Two were bastions, the third was just a piece of terrain. I took the trench, the krak trap, and the las-maz.

My opponenents was a dark angel veteran. His force was composed of three sets of deep striking assault termies, the jetbike fool, a land raider, vindicator, land speeder, two dreds and forty tactical marines kitted heavily with scary stuff. He also had a unit of deathwing bikers, ASM's and Azreal, as well as a jump HQ, not sure who it was might have just been an FC :/

I used all of my heavy support, I took two falcons, two prisms, and two wraithlords. I took 2 squads of DA's, 5 pathfinders, 20 guardians, 7 dragons, 10 banshees, a squad of shinning spears with a jet'tarch, Eldrad, and a doom seer with 5 warlocks and three wave serpents. Pretty much every thing was kit'd with starcannons.

My general strategy was to set up in the corner and spread out the tanks in my corner to deny him the deep strike.

The battle started off with him wrecking a fire prism on the firestorm. He put his drop zone right next to my bastions, then he brought in the dreds and the tacts. He slaughtered the banshees and their transport, but it took that entire side of the board worth of shooting to take em out. Azreal assaulted the guardians and eldrad. I had put the wraithlord near him to keep the threats at bay, but it wasn't enough to scare the assault terminators. Azreal SLAUGHTERED the guardians and chased em off the board.

The top of my turn I deployed the seer council and multi-attacked the dreds, the spears came in on the board edge near Azreal and TORE him to pieces. The wraithlords advanced on the termies as well. The prism wrecked all sorts of marines and the bastion guns killed the vindicator.

Turn two was a little less eventful for him, he missed his rolls for the rest of the terminators, the land raider came in and obliterated the fire dragons, there were a few more melta shots which downed a couple of wave serpents and neutered all of its guns. Turn two for me was a lot better. I killed everything. The only thing left of the board was a tact squad that had scattered waaaay out of the way a single tact who lasted a round of CC with the seers and the land raider.

Turn three he tried to assault a bastion with the the left over termies. He couldn't get it done and the the shinning spears dropped em. A heroic falcon tank shock chased the last tacts off the board. Turn four the land raid killed all of the shinning spears but the autarch. My turn four the autarch killed the land raider and tabled him.

My sentiment is that the planet strike is a blast. It has the same epic feel of an apocalypse game but toned down so that troops and basic units are still quite effective and the strategems aren't repulsively overpowered. Bastions are incredible, now marines aren't the only ones with landraiders. To be honest the bastions really fill in a whole in the eldar army. For future reference i think that dark reapers in the bastion would be incredible. Another thought i had was i think that pinata banshees in a bastion would work pretty well as well. Anyway the battle format is a blast, there really is a lot of room for great fluff. The inherent story in the format honestly offers for a lot more compelling game play than simply battling for arbitrary objectives. Hope to hear about your exploits!
    Last edited by FartsMcGee; July 8th, 2009 at 07:11.

+ Reply to Thread