Standard HQ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Standard HQ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Standard HQ?

Hey since I've been unable to attend the forum lately I was wondering what the standard Eldar load outs were, specifically HQs. Is it still the typical Farseer or Avatar, or has the Autarch finally been recognised as a potentially good choice?

Personally I never touch the farseers, just because I don't like being conventional; and I never take the field without at least 1 autarch, typically 2.

Your thoughts on the matter...?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    253 (x7)

Typically, Farseers are the #1 choice lately. Autarchs are not uncommon though. I personally prefer DoomSeer at 1000 and 1500 and then either 2 doomseers or 1 doomseer and 2 fortuneseer at 2000. As for the Avatar most people field them in conjuction with wrathlords.

Most standard lists are at least 65% mechanized now. Only takes a few games of getting blown off th e table to realize that Dire Avengers cant walk up the battlefield that well. If you want to know what the basic base for most lists are right now it is something like this:

Doomseer
    10DA w/exarch, 2 SC, blade storm
    Wave Serpeant w/ SS and TL BL
    10DA w/exarch, 2 SC, bladestorm
    Wave Serpeant w/SS and TL EML

Then usually either scorpions with infiltrate or 10 banshees with a wave serpeant and the doomseer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Farseer is still the more all around useful and my personal choice. With reserve armies being viable now autarchs (yriel even more so) are alot more useful. Full mech armies are on the rise which has reduced how often the avatar is fielded. The phoenix lords are still rarely used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, thanks for catching me up guys!

+ Reply to Thread