Dark Eldar Rule Queries - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar Rule Queries

Ok alot of people have been askin me for Q and A atm so here r the most common ive got so far.

I have run these past GW staff and these answers have been verified by the staff members:

1 - How do Talos Claws work against a Monolith?
    there r 2 answers given to this answer

A - it uses its usual str of 7 and 1 D6 for the AP roll as the monolith rules state that the attacker uses 1D6 plus its unaugmented strength for AP rolls

B - Use the Talos rules for AP, ie:
    roll for attacks lets say for example you roll up 5 attacks and 3 hit your Talos now counts as str 9 and roll 1D6 for AP so you roll a 5 and theres a glancing hit. Pass this by your opponent or ask around and come to an agreement on what answer you will use

2 - does a Reaver jetbike give a Character +1S and +1T? and how does it work of Instant death and the like?

Yes they give the rider +1S and T. For instant death use the original T but the turbo boost invunerable save still applies for shooting attacks

3 - Does a terrorfex scatter like all other blast weapons due to the new rules?

Yes, and the same goes for the Horrorfex and the Xenospasm

4 - If i have an Archon on jetbike and he has a Shadowfield and i turbo boost does the loss of the Shadow Field save then revert to the invunerable save?

Yes but only if the Archon turbo boosted and to retain the invunerable save it must turbo boost in the proceeding movement phase

5 - Is the Talos a skimmer?And can it run?

Yes and no. Ok i hear this alot especially when i play, The Talos IS a skimmer but it only follows its own rules and ONLY its rules, but also it is a monstrous creature and has more in common with a walker than a skimming tank. It hovers for the sake of cover but it CAN run. If you see it as a hovering Dreadnought you cant go wrong!!!

6 - Can combat drugs be used more than once in the same phase to make say +3 Strength?

No only 1 of each option may be chosen per turn

7 - Once Mandrakes have "become unhidden" can they move, shot , and/or Assault?

YES!! they come down without scatter just like deep striking near a teleport homer but the best bet is to bring them down in the movement phase as they must be revealed at the START of a phase, so if they come down at the start of the movement phase they may move, shoot (or run or fleet for that matter) than assault (given they havent run)

8 - Can an independant Character with a punisher and Animus Vitae ultimately gain +2 Strength?

Yes as the Punisher gives them +1S and the Animus Vitae grants +1S once the wearer has killed a victim it accumulates to gain +2 Strength

9 - In a game of Apocolypse if I ally my DE with say Space Marines and take 2 Librarians then release Cruicble of Malediction will it affect the Librarians in my force?

Yes BUT it starts with the nearest Enemy psyker than it will move onto the Nearest Psyker no matter what side it is on

Thats just a few i have more but remembering them is a pain i will add more here later, Also if anyone wishes to ask a question i will do my best to answer it and will get a verified answer from a GW store Manager

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by SWAY View Post
    there r 2 answers given to this answer

A - it uses its usual str of 7 and 1 D6 for the AP roll as the monolith rules state that the attacker uses 1D6 plus its unaugmented strength for AP rolls

roll for attacks lets say for example you roll up 5 attacks and 3 hit your Talos now counts as str 9 and roll 1D6 for AP so you roll a 5 and theres a glancing hit. Pass this by your opponent or ask around and come to an agreement on what answer you will use

Yes and no. Ok i hear this alot especially when i play, The Talos IS a skimmer but it only follows its own rules and ONLY its rules, but also it is a monstrous creature and has more in common with a walker than a skimming tank. It hovers for the sake of cover but it CAN run. If you see it as a hovering Dreadnought you cant go wrong!!!
    So if I read this right, the Talos is a monstrous creature but doesn't roll 2D6 for armour penetration like all other monstrous creatures?
    ------------------------------------
    Innovation suffuses this hobby like a tea bag in the boiling water of play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by SWAY View Post

there r 2 answers given to this answer...

B is correct, the monolith is immune to additional dice, but not bonuses to penetration like Tank Hunters or the Talos Claws.

2 - does a Reaver jetbike give a Character +1S and +1T? and how does it work of Instant death and the like?
    Yes, this it explained in the DE FAQ. All models with modified toughness use their base stat for the purposes of determining Instant Death. So mind those assault cannons!

3 - Does a terrorfex scatter like all other blast weapons due to the new rules?

Yes, and the same goes for the Horrorfex and the Xenospasm
    That is correct.

4 - If i have an Archon on jetbike and he has a Shadowfield and i turbo boost does the loss of the Shadow Field save then revert to the invunerable save?
    Turboboosting confers a cover save, not an invuln, but if you're asking if the archon fails his shadowfield save (and thus loses it) does he then get to take his turboboost save against additional shooting wounds, the answer is yes. You're able to use the best save available to you, which in this case would be the 3+ cover from turboboosting.

This one is covered in the FAQ, the Talos is a Monstrous Creature, not a vehicle. It moves 6'' and it can run in the shooting phase. The Skimmer rule allows it to ignore difficult terrain in the way jump infantry or jetbikes do, so it has to take a dangerous terrain if starting or ending the turn in difficult terrain.

6 - Can combat drugs be used more than once in the same phase to make say +3 Strength?

No only 1 of each option may be chosen per turn
    That is correct, though you could choose all six options if you wanted to take all six individual drugs, you would of course, have to roll six dice and likely kill yourself or at least cause a wound or two.

7 - Once Mandrakes have "become unhidden" can they move, shot , and/or Assault?

YES!! they come down without scatter just like deep striking near a teleport homer but the best bet is to bring them down in the movement phase as they must be revealed at the START of a phase, so if they come down at the start of the movement phase they may move, shoot (or run or fleet for that matter) than assault (given they havent run)
    I don't have my book handy to check, but that sounds right to me. It's not a form of deepstrike though, so they can operate as normal and there's no dangerous terrain checks if you place them in cover, you just plop them on the board, and place them in coherency.

8 - Can an independant Character with a punisher and Animus Vitae ultimately gain +2 Strength?

Yes as the Punisher gives them +1S and the Animus Vitae grants +1S once the wearer has killed a victim it accumulates to gain +2 Strength
    That is correct

9 - In a game of Apocolypse if I ally my DE with say Space Marines and take 2 Librarians then release Cruicble of Malediction will it affect the Librarians in my force?

Yes BUT it starts with the nearest Enemy psyker than it will move onto the Nearest Psyker no matter what side it is on
    I don't know how the Crucible rules are worded, if it says "nearest psyker" then there's an argument for it hitting the Librarians, if it says only "enemy psyker" then the Librarian's would be unaffected.

Thats just a few i have more but remembering them is a pain i will add more here later, Also if anyone wishes to ask a question i will do my best to answer it and will get a verified answer from a GW store Manager
    Don't trust a GW employee to know the rules any better than you do. I've seen a GW employee try to go flat-out with a Talos and move 24'' across the board, and they're notorious for being incorrect on simple things. Not to say they're ignorant exactly, but it's often the case that they've been playing for multiple editions and don't always hte current rules straight. They also have to know the rules for 40k, WHFB, and LOTR and it's easy to get things mixed up. But then they're also in a position of authority where nobody tends to call them on their bad rules knowledge. Unless this manager is an avid DE player and is intimately familiar with the rules, frankly the intartubes and the DE FAQ are your best places to get answers.
    Last edited by Deris87; July 10th, 2009 at 23:44.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I don't know how the Crucible rules are worded, if it says "nearest psyker" then there's an argument for it hitting the Librarians, if it says only "enemy psyker" then the Librarian's would be unaffected.

Don't trust a GW employee to know the rules any better than you do. I've seen a GW employee try to go flat-out with a Talos and move 24'' across the board, and they're notorious for being incorrect on simple things. Not to say they're ignorant exactly, but it's often the case that they've been playing for multiple editions and don't always hte current rules straight. They also have to know the rules for 40k, WHFB, and LOTR and it's easy to get things mixed up. But then they're also in a position of authority where nobody tends to call them on their bad rules knowledge. Unless this manager is an avid DE player and is intimately familiar with the rules, frankly the intartubes and the DE FAQ are your best places to get answers.

It says enemy psyker specifically in the text - so I would say that an ally would be safe.

As far as GW employees knowing the rules, I would say that is the biggest joke in the game. As noted, unless they take a special interest in a particular rulebook they are probably going to get things wrong. The hotline guys will give you 5 different answers to the same question depending on the time, day or what they had for breakfast and if you look at the FAQ's (not that they are the same people by any means) they contradict each other and the most basic rules over and over again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Deris87 View Post
    Turboboosting confers a cover save, not an invuln, but if you're asking if the archon fails his shadowfield save (and thus loses it) does he then get to take his turboboost save against additional shooting wounds, the answer is yes. You're able to use the best save available to you, which in this case would be the 3+ cover from turboboosting.
    Our bikes have both. After turbo boosting their save becomes invulnerable (as per codex) and they get a cover save (as per rulebook). Both rules do not contradict each other.
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by mika View Post
    Our bikes have both. After turbo boosting their save becomes invulnerable (as per codex) and they get a cover save (as per rulebook). Both rules do not contradict each other.
    The entire Reaver Jetbike entry is replaced in the errata, removing the references to invulnerable saves. You only get the benefits outlined in the BRB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if I read this right, the Talos is a monstrous creature but doesn't roll 2D6 for armour penetration like all other monstrous creatures?
    NO against a monolith or vehicle with a Blessed Hull you roll 1D6 against all other vehicles you roll 2D6 but the beauty of it is that you get the strength bonus for additional hits AND the 2D6 AP for being a monstrous creature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x0)

Yeah, the Talos should be able to penetrate anything with ease, the bitch of it is the fact that you only get to roll on the chart once which means if you roll a shaken, that 17 you totaled for armor penetration doesn't mean jack :-\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the Talos should be able to penetrate anything with ease, the bitch of it is the fact that you only get to roll on the chart once which means if you roll a shaken, that 17 you totaled for armor penetration doesn't mean jack :-\
    This is true but also if u look at it another way if you do wat i do and place 3 talos's on 1 monolith u have 3 chances of smackin that thing out

so yea it can b a jerk but being able to penetrate a monolith on a roll of 1 is insane even if it is up to chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Deris87 View Post
    The entire Reaver Jetbike entry is replaced in the errata, removing the references to invulnerable saves. You only get the benefits outlined in the BRB.
    Your right, I forgot about the the Faq, sorry if I confused anyone.
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast