Battle for Aurora Prime - Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Battle for Aurora Prime - Necrons

Battle for Aurora Prime
    Necrons Faction

The Battle for Aurora Prime is under way! Necron players, check out the information thread here and get ready to participate in LO's first large scale Warhammer 40k campaign!

Faction Commanders

Each faction may nominate a forum member of that faction to be the faction commander during the Battle for Aurora Prime campaign. The faction commander will have access to special orders and privy to certain information that could grant additional bonuses to their faction for the campaign.

If you are interested in becoming the faction commander for this faction, please PM Lost Nemesis. Be sure to discuss it with your fellow faction players, try to come to a consensus on who you want to lead you!

Faction Fluff

Darkness. The consciousness stirred. A memory, unbidden began to awake. Not a memory, less than that, a dream half remembered. A dream of a long dead world, of grey pallid creatures, of jealousy, of hatred and of war. And of the rise and immortality. The consciousness was aware now, as far as it could be. It was dark around it but it did not need sight its actions were mapped out for it, it had known its path eons ago. Its existence was pure purpose. Its purpose had awoken it. It must respond. Beside it fellow beings arose from their sleep, their actions co-ordinated, they acted as one.

Outside, the Necron Lord watched passively as the phalanx of Necrons marched tirelessly from the entrance of the Tomb across he icy wastes. The ancient being had precious few emotions left to it. Anger, loathing, envy. At the sight of his brethren marching in step to his command he felt yet another he had thought long since forgotten. Satisfaction.

From under the ice caps and the ocean of the Northern costal regions of Akos rank upon rank of silver armoured warriors march in unison. Responding to some ancient and malevolent signal, they have awoken to cleanse Aurora Prime of all life. The weak flesh things have tried to stop them but their doom is surely inevitable. The Necron armies are already mighty but in truth represent just a fraction of the still slumbering threat that lies under the surface of Aurora Prime.

The Necrons have been held back so far by the actions of the Crimson Fists who have assailed the Necron armies and thwarted their attempts to seize control of the ancient Imperial fortifications in the North of Akos.

The Eldar too are fighting desperately to halt the Necron advance and they have committed a sizeable portion of their warhost to the most Northern regions of Aurora Prime.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome sounding! How many people here are planning on taking part in this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

From the interest overall on the boards it seems there will be quite a few!

As my Necrons are my main force at the moment, I'll be fighting the campaign from the 'Cron front! Anyone else with me!?...

Also, we need a Necron 'Commander'. Any volunteers?

Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to do this, but I just talked to both of my regular partners in games, and neither of them want to, so I have nobody to play

I was thinking of sending in reports of games that we do without telling them (two armies fighting on one planet is the same game as fighting on another planet, right?) but then I read the submission guidelines, and realised that won't work either

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

As far as I am aware, every game you play is a valid game, and the results can be entered into the campaign. You don't need to both be members of LO.

Once you have played a game, email the results of the game to one of the two recorders (Of which I am one), and say everything that you need to (a guide to reporting your results will be put up soon).

The only downside to not both being part of LO is that the games count for less in the grand scheme of things, but they do still count towards the campaign.

So get them sent in! So long as you take notes of what happens during your games, along with what force your opponent uses etc, you should be fine!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But don't you need to get the other person to confirm it, so that some guy couldn't just send in 30 fake battle reports where he wins by a landslide each time? Or is that just how double LO players do it?

Actually, now that I think about it more, as long as I write the reports I might be able to convince one of my opponents to make an account here and send in his (when he is attacker) reports and confirmations, it only takes a few seconds I'd think.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Adalias View Post
    But don't you need to get the other person to confirm it, so that some guy couldn't just send in 30 fake battle reports where he wins by a landslide each time? Or is that just how double LO players do it?

Actually, now that I think about it more, as long as I write the reports I might be able to convince one of my opponents to make an account here and send in his (when he is attacker) reports and confirmations, it only takes a few seconds I'd think.
    The unconfirmed reports will be taken at the discretion of the recorders. If they smell something fishy going on (such as 30 wins in a week from one army, etc.) then it's likely those reports will be discarded. I trust the campaign recorders to have a good sense for these things, so whatever you do, don't cheat!

You can still participate without another LO member, but you will be awarded more points if both players confirm the battle (one report from the attacker, one confirmation from the defender).

If your opponents (and yourself) include a bit of fluff or characters in the report, you may see them featured in the campaign fluff as well!

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x3)

We have alot of ways to check if battles happen or not

but as for faction commander who ever wins the necron nomination should PM me to get commander goodies.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Hey Necrons, since nobody's been nominated yet, and we need to get someone to run this, I'm nominating myself as the Tomb Lord. I'm already engaged with Aurora Prime as it's artist, and I have a pretty good Idea as to what's going on with the campaign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehe, I was going to nominate you once I figured out if you were taking part in the campaign, you're practically leading these forums in every other way, why not one more
    And that you're part of the team running it is just icing on the cake, so +1 vote for Alzer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast