Is This possible? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Is This possible?

Well Folks,

I have a tournament coming up Tomorrow and I still don't have my flyrant. I am going to have to run him unpainted...but I don't actually have the model yet. I am going to buy him at 1 today. I was just wondering if you think I should try to magnetize the wings, or simply pin them and make it so that they can slide out? Also, how long does it take mili-put to dry? I have to make his tale out of either mili-put or greenstuff and I want to know which one takes less time.
    Thanks for the help!

The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

Depends on the wings? I used Balrog wings and drilled the holes for the pins for mine.

I spent a good couple evenings prepping my flyrant just so I could prime him. I guess magnetizing the wings is possible but I found that pinning them and green stuffing the connection looked way better. Natural anyway. Green stuff solidifies pretty quickly. I put mine under a lamp for a few hours overnight and it was rock solid the following morning.

Not sure if this can be done with a rush job. Probably just need to get the wings on however you can with a temp solution and worry about green stuff / detail later.

I think you'll need to pull an all nighter! Just have a feeling you underestimate the time it will take to do a good job. But maybe you're a super modeler and I'm wrong

loves purple tyranids SGluciousa's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

haha, I am no supermodeler. But I think I can pull an all-nighter. I am using balrog wings so thank you for the advice!
    The Great Plague meets The Devourer of The Galaxy. What does that make us?

+ Reply to Thread