Librarium Online Forums banner

Can I "Feel No Pain" from a ghost Painboy?

741 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  ==Me== 
#1 ·
It has come up a couple times now that, in my opponents shooting phase, my Unit of Nobs is an attractive target and takes some heavy firing. As a result the painboy is an unlucky causualty early on in the phase.

I always was under the impression that all shooting in a player turn happens simultaneously. Not sure I dreamed that or read it. So when that first unit firing at the Nobs happens to finsih off the painboy, do I still recieve Feel No Pain for the rest of my opponents shooting phase, or do I lose that special rule the moment the Painboy bites it?

Thanks

#4 ·
I am puzzled

During shooting you would remove your painboy instead of any other nob?
Why! unless you really need a PK attack somewhere, but then still, i don't see how it could be a problem, unless i have misunderstood somthing here, and you can't chose who takes the wounds.

#6 ·
The main probelm why this happens is wound allocation. If your unit takes that many shoots that your pain boy must take saves then there is a problem that you can't ignor. And when that happens you lose FNP.

You should save the painboy for last even if you have to take a wound on your warboss.

#10 ·
Right ==Me==. however all the shooting from one unit to another happens at the same time, correct? So even if I rolled the painboys wounds first and crocked I would get FNP for the remainer of the wounds caused by that unit.

My question was do I continue to get FNP for the rest of that player turn from OTHER units firing at the Nobs. But it appears I do not, since the painboy is dead and the firing from every unit doesn't happen simultaneously on a player turn.

Makes sense. :)
Thanks all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.