Railgun restrictions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky way, 2009+...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Railgun restrictions?

When you're using a hammerhead with a railgun, are you restricted to only using one type of shot (solid or submunition) for the whole game? I read a tau army list and it seemed to me that's what the writer was trying to put across...can someone help clarify this? Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

No, you can choose which shot to use every turn.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky way, 2009+...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, that clears things up! Upon further looking i didn't see anything in the codex saying that it was restricted, so that makes sense. thanks again!
    Last edited by TheAmazingRando; July 10th, 2009 at 23:15.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

yeah, if u didnt there would be no real point to taking a railgun on a hammerhead. you'd just take ion cannon. Besides broadsides are better anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've heard people argue Railheads over Broadsides, and vice versa. Personally i think 2 Railheads and a broadside team should be a good balance. Currently though, i'm without broadsides and my second spot is filled with a lone sniper team. Once i've got the Broadsides and the other two sniper teams, i figure one of each heavy support ought to be enough to handle whatever is thrown at me.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Certainly one Broadside team and a Railhead are pretty much standard fit, but some folks like the resilience of a second Broadside team of 2 over taking a second Hammerhead. I used the latter in a Tournament recently - although the second Broadside was a Monat - and it worked pretty well for me, especially with the cloud of SMS I was able to use from the Broadsides.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

+ Reply to Thread