Tau's worst enemy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Tau's worst enemy

I've been curious for a while about other Tau players out there. What is your Tau's worst enemy?
    IS it the brutal and inumerale orks, or the oblivious neive imperium? For me personally its gotta be Chaos! Nurgle to be specific. there are so many chaos followers in my local area, and worse they all play at least some nurgle (one even fully)! Curse their blasted feel no pain, rendering my infantry nearly useless!

There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member MorbidlyObeseMonkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Imperial Guard is hands-down the hardest army for me to beat. They can outshoot us so badly it's not even funny. I really wish more IG players would at least TRY to make the game fair. With their new codex they can build list that will dominate almost any army, especially Tau. Does that take skill? No. At the moment in my gaming league the top 4 places are held by IG players, and the last IG guy is in 7th with an all-infantry army. Kinda stupid. : /

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

i agree, the IG are incredibly overpowered now. GW didnt just make them a decent army with the new book they made them all out broken and i mean broken! the fact that they can take a basic Leman Russ an elite choice is just appauling if u ask me.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterdude3 View Post
    i agree, the IG are incredibly overpowered now. GW didnt just make them a decent army with the new book they made them all out broken and i mean broken! the fact that they can take a basic Leman Russ an elite choice is just appauling if u ask me.

Wait, what do you mean being able to take a Russ as Elite? I was just thumbing through the new IG codex and can't find that anywhere. I agree- Guard are the most irritating, which is why I have been toying with using their rules for a small Gue'vesa force once my main Tau reach 1500.
    Asking for suggestions without knowing what you're planning on doing is like asking a blind man what color shirt matches your eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

i say orks, space marines, and tryanids. all 3 armies packs a big number of assault troops. the worst being orks and space marines. if you get a guy packing a big tryanid army with genestealers he will eat you alive.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yer i agree them tyranids are brutal against tau ive only played them twice but i lost in the 3 turn just with combat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

what i dont get is guard have orders but tau should have orders first time i swore some firewarrors first thing i thought was something like the guards fire one fire 2 order thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, I might have recommended doing this as a poll.

I don't have too much with many of the CC armies. They usually can be shot down before they reach you. Horde tyranids aren't really a problem, they die easy, and if you get hit by a few hormagaunts you'll live.

I've only played the new IG once. They're pretty awful. It's not even the horde, or the tanks, it's that they can do both. Basically as many plasma rifles or meltas as you might want, all shooting out of the top of chimera. Really really nasty.

Nurgle marines are a problem, just get more plasma and/or farsight. Only thing for it, really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Angron88 View Post
    Wait, what do you mean being able to take a Russ as Elite? I was just thumbing through the new IG codex and can't find that anywhere. I agree- Guard are the most irritating, which is why I have been toying with using their rules for a small Gue'vesa force once my main Tau reach 1500.
    well then my friend has some explaining to do!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Orks, they are just such a big horde

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast