Flying Circus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flying Circus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying Circus

Immortals,

I have been reading through the forums and have run across the term 'flying circus' a few times. If you don't mind could you tell me what it is?

Ravadge

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Basically you team a lord with veil of darkness up with a group of immortals. then deep strike to a point on the map, shoot your gauss, then deep strike to the next target or away from immediate danger. alzar may have a better definition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

The point of choosing Immortals over Warriors is they can fire their full range after the Deepstrike effect of the Veil of Darkness. The extra toughness also helps if they need to soak up a bit of fire.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Flying Circus:
    Necron Lord with Veil of Darkness and Resurrection Orb, joined with a unit of as many Immortals as you can muster. Each turn this unit can teleport (Deep Strike) to any point of the map in the movement phase and unleash a torrent of shooting to up to 24" in the shooting phase.

Be careful though, as a dodgy scatter roll can send you flying in completely the wrong direction (or off the board/into terrain), which may make you cry. Also beware of where you land, as it could leave you open in the opponent's shooting phase when his whole army turns to face your squad.

Generally you want to make sure of three things:
    1. I am teleporting for a specific reason, be it to wipe out an important squad or secure an objective. Not just 'because I can'.
    2. Even if I scatter badly or roll below average for my shooting, will I be able to achieve my objective?
    3. Once my objective is complete (landed safely or wiped out the squad), am I out of range or LOS from a counter-attack in the opponent's turn?
    If the answer to any of these questions is 'No', then you should think twice about teleporting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

One more thing: You should have a good-sized squad, say, seven immortals or more. Any fewer and they almost aren't worth taking, I think.

Some have had limited success using a full (20-man) squad of warriors instead of immortals, but that just becomes so unwieldy it's not funny. Moving 8-11 models around without scattering into a rock or off the board is hard enough.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Immortals, you have my thanks! I have a game coming up in 2 or 3 days and I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ravadge

+ Reply to Thread