Wazdakka Gutsmek - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Wazdakka Gutsmek

OK, I was looking at the rules for Wazdakka Gutsmek, and then looking at the picture and thinking how awesome it would be to make him. I don't know if anyone's tried this before, but IMO the Forgeworld Warboss on Warbike looks like it was made to be him:

Obviously it would need some 'editing' (after all, that's the whole point of converting) but the model itself is big, nasty-looking, and extremely suitable. The left arm would need converting to make it look more like the one in the codex, and there would have to be some additions like the kustom mega-blasta and mek's tools. The area between the two Ork jaws on the front looks absolutely perfect to fit the dakkakannon, and the left arm would be a simple matter of finding something that looks relatively like the klaw in the book - I'm sure there's something in the 40K range that I could use.

What does LO think?

~ Demon in White

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmmm good plan, difficult to make the flaming skulls for the back tho, what about for the powerklaw, using the top half of the chainsword style choppa u get in the boyz box set, looks very similar to the book, i remember reading in white dwarf that GW are aiming for a model for every unit in every codex, what happened to wazzdakka who has the coolest stats ever eh? lol
    These are my blue dice, There are many more like them, But these ones are mine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

194 (x7)

Ah thanks for reminding me about that choppa in the boyz set, I was wondering where I would find the chain-thingy for his powerklaw. I'll probably use part of Ghazghkull Thraka's power klaw arm for his left arm since the one he has won't convert very easily and Ghazghkull's is suitably big and nasty-looking. Then I'd probably cut off the top 2 klaws and replace them with the chain-thing.

I was thinking for the flaming skullz that I would use the skulls from this set:

Games Workshop - Pack of Skulls

and then mount them on some bits of brass wire or something then sculpt some flames from Green Stuff.

I'm still not sure how I'm going to do the Dakkakannon though, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

~ Demon in White
    Last edited by Acarna; July 21st, 2009 at 21:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey yea they would work, would look really cool, if u manage to mould flames out of greenstuff then thats a deff a skill, too often gone wrong with me so just use it too fill gaps lol, im not sure about the dakka kannons..(thinking)....... what about...(thinking again)..... sorry am stumped on this one sorry dude, hope grax replys to this thread, he seems to always be full of gud ideas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

194 (x7)

Grax, eh? Haven't come across him.... then again, I have only ever posted on the Ork forum once before

Flames are easy, it's when you start getting into the finer details that it starts getting difficult... but I can usually sculpt almost anything given time. Flames and beards are easy though, all you have to do is get a lump of green stuff, shape it roughly and then cut lines in it with a knife or sculpting tool to give it shape.

But I really am stumped as to how to do the dakkacannon... hmm.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youll find him in the 'battlewagon tankshock' thread, i guess u need patience when workin wit that stuff, i have a complete lack of patience lol, must be where im goin wrong, for the dakkakannons, look through the impy guard bits, they might have sum inspiration, not sure.... but... i think i saw a good candidate on the impy guard sentinel, its a autocannon which looks quite similar to the book, go onto gamesworkshop.co.uk, click on impy guard, and u should see it, but i dunno if u can em apart from buyin the whole box set, which of course u dont wanna be doin, especially on 'umie stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

For DakkaKannons, i suggest getting some auto cannon bitz from the warstore or somewhere online. Autocannons would be real easy to chop up and suture on where those guns are, and fit the profile. (Not to mention in the old ork dex, Wazdakka's guns WERE autocannons )
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

194 (x7)

Ah now you see, herein comes a long-time dilemma of mine. I believe the guns on the side of Wazdakka's bike are in fact Dakkaguns, and the cannon is the big thing in the middle that you can't really see. It doesn't say anywhere in the rules that the Dakkakannon replaces the Dakkaguns, so I would assume that he has both. In any case, if the Dakkakannon is those two guns on the side, the guns on the Ork Warboss model look almost identical to them.

Someone please correct me if I've missed something.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

sounds like a sweet plan. i have been trying to figure how i was going to make Wazdakka but now i got a better then before. ill need to keep tuned in.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

+ Reply to Thread