Haemonculi Help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haemonculi Help!

Greetings all. I am new to the Dark Eldar and have made a list which includes haemonculi. now my question here is, what do all of you attatch your heam to? whats the best unit for them to be in? any feedback would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I either put them in a gunboat for fire support or in a grot unit as a moving shield.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

I run 3 Haemonculi, each one working independently in a Raider Squad for extra ranged firepower and a little more close combat oomph.

I run them all with Destructor/Scissorhand combo, though I've been considering switching the destructor out to save points.

-Dark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I give them stingers if they go into a gunboat, the 12" range is standard for gunboat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bung both of mine on jetbikes with the 2 large reaver squads I use, with a destructor. It allows you to damage a lot of units reliably - the random ap means you're a significant threat to marines.

Plus, the Faq now means Haemys are toughness 4(5) on bikes...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

In a Kabal with 3 Haemonculi I will usually put one in different raider squads – raider squads and haemonculi work wonderfully together. No special gear for the Haemy’s other than the standard scissorhand and destructor.

In a Coven theme I like using the “Karnival of Pain” idea with 4 Haemonculi and 6 grotesques – I have deepstruck them and let them loose in the back field. Scissorhand, Destructor and Combat Drugs and trophy racks – kind of expensive but hella fun!
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I either run them in raider squads, or in wych squads. If I'm running them in my wych squads, then they are suicide flamers. They usually try to hit the squad next to the wychs' target (barring something like assault terminators, which are hit by both).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the feedback you all gave me. i think i may cut each of my raider sqauds by one and slip in the Haemonculi in each for that extra punch the destructor could give the squad

+ Reply to Thread