Judging the Effectiveness of Your Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Judging the Effectiveness of Your Army

A while ago, I wrote up a general test to help people judge the effectiveness of their armies. At the time, it was basically a response to the difficulty many people were having with 5th edition, since they were still stuck in a 4th edition frame of mind.

As I mention in the article itself, it's not meant to be a perfect test, but a general guide, and in many ways, more of a 'checklist' to make sure you haven't forgotten anything. While a score close to 100 is nice, the real goal is to have a score of at least an 80, and if it's just a friendly game, it's better just to use whatever's fun.

I've had requests for it, and it's easily my most popular article, so I thought I'd post it here again, in case anyone was looking for it:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...your-army.html (Judging the Effectiveness of Your Army)

Thanks for reading! ^_^

"Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

93 (x2)

This is a pretty solid primer. In 5th Ed I keep seeing people trying to trim down the number of kill points in their list because they're so afraid of Annihilation missions. Let me tell you, just because you have a bunch of KP, don't fear! Armies that restrict the number of KPs they put on the field also restrict the options their army has available to them and the support that other units provide. Just because an army has 20 KP and is going against a 10 KP force doesn't mean you've already lost. It probably is going to be an uphill battle for the lower KP force!

Considering that at 2250 points you can get full marks even with having 14 KPs you do a good job of not handicapping higher KP armies and for that I commend you.

+ Reply to Thread