All these threads on Battlewagons. . . - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x1)

All these threads on Battlewagons. . .

Have got me thinking! Since I bought my first 3 battlewagons (hurray for unexpected money turning into a shopping spree) I've been trying to figure out to use them best. So far I've been thinking about the deff rollas as a fun way to make use of the BW after it's delivered the payload of boys/nobs. That is 20 points per wagon that could be spent elsewhere though. I'm trying to give myself enough troop choices in a 2000 pt game to contest/hold as many objectives as possible.

My friend that I frequently play against has a really nasty "god squad" that rolls around in a LRC. It's something like 8 assault termies with TH/SS and a chaplain or commander or something, and thus far I have not been able to effectively deal with that squad. Part of the problem is that I've been footslogging against him the whole time and he regularly gets the charge because of the assault ramp on the LRC.

What I've been thinking about running against him is a squad of nobs, with the hope that my warboss will have the chance to pop the LR before they get there so I can actually get the charge on him.

I just don't know! So here's a slightly refined list from the one I posted in the army section and because Grax decided to repost hist fun little effectiveness calculator I decided to run my list through it and my total score is: 84

And the list itself is as follows:

Warboss - Power Klaw, Cybork Body, Attack Squig [110]

Big Mek - KFF [85]

Lootas x9 - [135]

Kommandos x7 - Nob, Powerklaw, Burna x2 [135]

Slugga x19 - Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole [154] (warboss)

Slugga x19 - Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole [154] (Big Mek)

Slugga x12 - Nob, Power Klaw, Bosspole, trukk, red paint , reinforced ram [157]

Nobs x7 - Painboy, cybork bodies, Power Klaw x2, Waaagh! banner, Big choppa, bosspole, combi-scorcha [285]

Gretchin x18 - Runtherder [64]

Fast Attack
    DeffKopta x5 - T/L Rokkit Launchas [225]

Heavy Support
    Battle Wagon - Deff Rolla, Big Shoota, Grot Riggers, Red Paint, Armor Plates [135]

Battle Wagon - Deff Rolla, Big Shoota, Grot Riggers, Red Paint, Armor Plates [135]

I think keeping the warboss and nobs separate will at least give my oponent pause when considering his targets in deciding which BW to take out first. That way at least the Warboos OR the nobs will get stuck in pretty quick (hopefully). KFF is obviouly going to be in the middle giving that awesome 4+ cover save. Grots will be in front of the lootas to give them cover/take a charge from any outflankers/deepstrikers.

2. Remove Advertisements

Freehold, NJ
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

There's certainly nothing wrong with that list, overall. I prefer 19-20 shoota boyz in battlewagons rather than slugga boyz, but that comes down to personal taste. I'd also drop the armor plates for 2 more kommandos, a stikkbomb chukka for the trukk, and 'eavy armor for the warboss.

Still, those are nit-picky suggestions, so if you like the list the way it is, by all means use it this way. Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."

+ Reply to Thread