Let's discuss spacies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's discuss spacies

They get all the love and we won't even get a hug. Let's be envious and hateful.

By talking about everything that we hate about spacies, we might get a mare peaceful world of eternal delight, or we might figure out that they are'nt that bad. (Though i doubt it.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as I once heard it, "everyone and their uncle's dog has a space marines army".
    I don't hate them in fact I almost decided to play them (heresy I know). From a fluff stand point, space marines (normal, chaos and GK) all get nerfed, just like Necrons. But in terms of game play, I think the reason they get the most stuff is cause most people play them. It makes sense for GW to keep them up to date. But I think that most people dislike the SM so much because they are so common and many new and not-very-good players like them. So I think there are some skilled and likable SM players, but SM have a higher volume of irritating people. Since they are the jacks of all trades, many skilled and experienced players like to pick other more challenging armies to play.
    In conclusion, SM are fine, just over-rated and over-hyped.
    Dark Lord of the 'Crons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sithcron Lord View Post
    I think the reason they get the most stuff is cause most people play them. It makes sense for GW to keep them up to date.
    And people choose them because they are more loved by GW/given most stuff...

I don't really think that it's something good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For a while I was totally against Space Marines and all they stood for. That was until I came across the Black Templars. They hate the no good chumps that are the Ultramarines (well not hate them but the Codex Astartes) and anyone who tried to tell Guilleman to go suck it is okay in my book. I just like the Templars, who don't have a 5th edition book but are fun to play with. Every other Marine army can go eat a Guass Cannon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Black Templar are cool, but anything non-cron is gonna eat Gauss for breakfast, lunch and dinner as far as I'm concerned. Especially Papa Smurf.
    Dark Lord of the 'Crons

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Gw's is gonna love whichever race/class brings them the most money! Correct me if im wrong but werent the space marines the first 40k unit?
    Don't mess up our fluff GW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't remember which came first, Warhammer Rogue Trader (1st edition 40K, name changed in 2nd) or Space Hulk, if it was space hulk, then yeah the space marine terminator was the first (along with genestealers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do have a White Scar army, so I can't say I hate Space Marines, but I do completely understand the distain that many people have for them. GW does, in fact, gives them all the love. There are 5, count'em 5 different space marine codexes if you don't include the demon hunters; that is just too much. There are only 8 other armies to use, mot counting the little variances in the codex like kroot. GW in my opinion needs more "alien" races.

Ravadge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it could be worse, GW could make an army out of Ewoks, Gungans and Jawas...
    Dark Lord of the 'Crons

+ Reply to Thread